Invisalign START - Olympia Fields, IL

I'm new to the Invisalign world... So far so good!...

I'm new to the Invisalign world... So far so good! However, I'm brushing and flossing 4 times a day. I clean them with a dab of soap and warm water at least 3-4 times a day! St first I was experiencing a "stale but not stinky" breath. Then I added peroxide or thar new Colgate optic WHITE with peroxide and I said BYE BYE to stale breath. I have 10 more trays to go and I'm hoping all goes well! Wish me luck!

Dr. Roshin

Online

WOW! You have had some great correction with the first three trays! Are you loving the changes you are seeing so far?

A little side note - often times with orthodontics the big, obvious changes happen first, then the bite is still being fixed, along with other adjustments that will be important to help keep your teeth straight long term. So don't get discouraged if you aren't seeing as noticeable of change further into treatment. :)

Thanks!!! I'm glad you told me that!!! This maintenance is really high as far as cleaning, brushing, flossing and rinsing. Do you recommend a cleaning agent since toothpaste isn't recommended?? Sometimes I experience "stale" breath!!! Can I have mints with my Invisalign?

Here is a forum where several community members have shared how they clean their trays. If you have a tip or trick please add it so others can learn from you as well:

What do you think is the best way to clean Invisalign trays?

Here is a Q&A that talks about breath spray, but one of the dentists mentions mints in his answer as well, so I thought it might be helpful:

Is Alcohol-free, Sugar-free Breath Spray Okay to Use with Invisalign?

I soak my invisalign everytime they aren't in my mouth in a solution of 50% peroxide and 50% water. I use a toothbrush with just plain water to "rinse" them off. Then once a day I use a tad bit of the light pink listerine Total Care. Not sure if I really need it, but I feel it "kills" anything bad that might have accumulated during the day. I know what you mean by cleaning, brushing, flossing and rinsing. My hygenist just told me (last week) that when I brush, to brush more gentler than normal so that I don't irritate the gum line. Most people don't brush 3-4 times a day, so we have to be a little careful. Your teeth look beautiful BTW. I wish I had as much a dramatic change as you...but I am getting there. I also take a picture after every tray. I can see changes, just not as much as yours. Keep up the good work. You have a beautiful smile.