Needle Marks Visible and Sore Injection Sites - Old Bridge, NJ

I had juvederm injections for the first time...

I had juvederm injections for the first time yesterday. I have red spots all down my laugh lines from the injection sites. Looking back, I believe the doctor used a heavy hand. I have natural dimples and they were swallowing the juvederm. She kept injecting them and even took a mirror and showed me (that was about the third time she had injected me.) I'm very disappointed because I am reading that this shouldn't be so. (I had botox done at the same time, which I regret. Please read my review on this. I have two huge swollen spots on my forehead and bruising. She kept injecting the same spot, like it was a filler.)

Dermatology Associates

I looked it up online. I was treated there before for botox and a chemical peel which were fine. The same doctor I had seen before did the botox again, with extremely different results.

I'm sorry to hear you feel a heavy hand was used on you. That can be an unsettling feeling for sure. Others have reported there is often some swelling and bruising associated with fillers. Were you expecting certain amounts of this, and it just seems more than you expected, or were you not aware that it was a possibility?

The doctor told me there might be some swelling and bruising for about 5 days. She did not mention anything about needle marks. I spoke to a couple of girlfriends who have had it done (at different places) and they have never had needle marks to worry about after the procedure. Ironically, my swelling and bruising around my mouth area (only place I had it done) is minimal. Unfortunately, I have three red dots on my left side, and a huge brown spot (looks like a birthmark now) on my right. I guess those needle marks were close together. I'm still very unsettled about this whole thing and wonder what went wrong. I'm not sure if I will go through it again even if it is with a different doctor. I thought I had found a reputable place and look what happened!