Post Gynecomastia Procedure Results - Oklahoma, OK

I had the procedure on 9-21-12, lipo and gland...

I had the procedure on 9-21-12, lipo and gland removal, after a long much anticipated wait. I do like the results however, the recovery lasted soo long. Im still swollen and have hard lumps under the inciscion areas. My doc says they all will go away but I have my reservations? If they do then I will be 100% satisfied. Anyone else experience hard lumps. My PS sais it is scare tissue. I was told 3 or more months before completely healed. Im patient but the hard lumps do concern me. They are more prominent on 1 side and are somewhat noticeable and sore. I massage some daily, but it can be a bit tender. Does the body break down this hard tissue and eventually everything resumes back to normal? Thanks

I watched a YouTube video posted by a surgeon that has his patients use a wooden roller across the surgery site to break up scar tissue.   im a patient like you and not a doctor so of course you'll consult with your physician.

Welcome to RealSelf.

It takes persistence and time to break down the scar tissue.  Make sure you are massaging in a circular motion using pretty firm pressure.  Use a good oil and keep at it.  It does get easier and the scars will break down.

I had the thick lumpy issue on the ends of my incisions under the arms.  Mine are now smooth!

Keep us up to date.

Thanks Kimmers25. It's encouraging to hear positive feedback and I will continue to keep posts updated.
James Koehler