Hoping for a Miracle - Lawton, OK

I'm on my third Co2 Laser resurfacing...

I'm on my third Co2 Laser resurfacing treatment. I had my first one done back in October/2010-for the price of $1,500- With not much positive results, I decided to go back on Dec/10 for another out of pocket expense of $500. Again, same situation, didn't see much of a difference in my acne scars.

I just had another one done on 3/24/11. I experience the usual painful, ozing,and swelling. 5 days have passed and my face stil red, but it looks great, only because i'm still a bit swollen so my acne scars are barely showing. God, I wish it would stay looking this great, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Everytime I've gone back for another treatment i always get the same excuse from the Dr, oh but you have to wait at least 6 months before you can see any improvement. Honestly, i don't buy it, but other than derma fillers, there really isn't much out there for someone with my condition.

I'm keeping my fingers cross this time and hoping i see some kind of improvement. I will keep you all posted.

I went to Skin Secrets in Lawton, Oklahoma, last fall, and had a CO2 laser treatment for acne scarring. What I got for my $1500.00 was the slightest, slightest bit of smoothing of the facial skin in front of my ears. It did not retexture my skin anywhere else, at all. I feel that I was seriously ripped-off by Dr. Smith and his staff.
I think my two previous precedures helped minimize about 25% of my scars, which really isn't much of a difference.

Hi mirelys,

Welcome to the Laser Resurfacing community. Other community members have mentioned it took longer than they had thought to see results, so maybe that is the same for you. I know waiting is never fun especially when you want results now. I am the same way. Has the procedure lessened your scars at all? Did you doctor mention how many times you will have to go before your scars are completely gone? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt