Great for 8 Months But Now Look Terrible - Oklahoma

I went to a plastic surgeon in dallas who promotes...

I went to a plastic surgeon in dallas who promotes fraxel repair on the Internet. I had general anesthetic. Recovery was generally as described by others except I had an allergic reaction to the topicals. two weeks downtime. The doctor warned me that with my fragile saggy skin at 62 I would want a facelift after 6 months. I couldnt afford that.

I believed what I wanted to from all the reviews and hoped the rest did not apply to me. Stupid. I had noticed that on the official fraxel site FAQ , when asked how long it lasts, they don't answer it with any relevant information. That is the first warning. They owe us that much--be truthful.

The results were lovely for 6 months--my thin face with deep soft crows feet was fuller and smoother. Sagging around mouth/jowl much better. Only a few family members asked what I had done, they were very impressed-- others simply thought I looked wonderful. I was confident and happier--I had only wanted to look normal, not super young, and this achieved that.

At about 7 mos it was like a balloon beginning to deflate. Little by little I have returned to pre fraxel. It has been almost 1 year and I believe that the fraxel caused fat loss. Not just the progression of another year of aging, but worse. To be honest it is depressing. I paid extra for the general anesthetic (and did my neck which was a waste of 1000.) If this had lasted even 3 -4 years and I was not concerned about it possibly damaging the skin/fat I would do some areas again because i felt so much better. but it apparently only causes temporary swelling. And I had to pray there wouldn't be a family emergency while looking like a monster as I could not have attended for that week.

It seems crazy to be concerned about something like this. I started watching tv for images of people with skin like mine. Carolyn Kennedy is one of the few who has not done something. (In no time I will look like barbara bush sr.) Basically wrinkles are not shown in women on tv. All the "mothers" have had work done and look like the daughters.

You certainly are right about the majority of women on TV. Its unfortunate these "expectations" are put on us.

Please keep us posted on what changes you continue to see in your skin.