Retin A is a Better and Cheaper Option - Oklahoma City

I've been using Retin A for about 4 years. It...

I've been using Retin A for about 4 years. It brightens the look of my skin, lightens my freckles, reduces lines and improves my skin texture. I used to spend over $500 a year on department store facial serums and moisturizers. Now I just use the Retin A and spend less than $170 a year. Since using retin A, I no longer use makeup foundation and only use concealer or powder on rare occasions, so I save money on that too. I think it does reduce black heads, but I'm not sure if it does anything for my pimples... But for anti aging and overall appearance of skin, I love it!!

Dosage and usage information

I started out with the .025%. Initially every other day and then increased to every day. I did that for a while (at least 6 months) and then switched to .05%. I never had the initial flaking and peeling that others have described. My pharmacy switch brands once and my skin did have to go through a pretty significant adjustment to the other brand (flaking and breakouts) but after that it was fine. Since the product stimulates cell growth, it is necessary to occasionally exfoliate. Also, I put it on in the morning with my makeup. The night routine just didn't work for me.

Where not to put Retin-A

I thought I would add to make sure you don't apply the Retin-A too close to the corners of your mouth or your nose. The product is too harsh for the mucus membrane areas and will cause a sore if it is applied there.

I agree, it's my number 2 product (after sunscreen). Good info, thanks!
Which dosage do you use? I'm considering asking my dr for the .1%.
When I use the .1% I can't use it every day, but I've read that it's the most effective. I really think it's made a difference in my almost-60-lived-in-the-desert-for-over-30-years skin. ;)
Glad the treatment is working for you :) Thank you for sharing! What strength are you using?
Thank you for your reply, I would love if you could add the information regarding strength as an update in your review so that it doesn't get lost in comments.
good idea. thx
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

wow, that sounds like a great deal. Is that for the large 45 mg tube? I get mine from CVS. Full price it is $86, but my insurance covers it, so I just pay the copay. I have friends that are always looking for an inexpensive way to get it. I'll pass that info on to them. I know they usually pay quite a bit more than that. Thx u!!