Converting Mini TT Done July 17, 2012 to Full TT Feburary 4, 2013 Mini TT are useless!! here I go again - Oklahoma City, OK

I had a mini tummy tuck with contouring and lipo...

I had a mini tummy tuck with contouring and lipo on July 17, 2012. I must admit it was not near as bad as I had thought it would be. If I had it to do over again I would do it in a heartbeat! I have posted photo's of before the TT, 10 days after, and 26 days after. Should I be seeing better results? The left side if my stomach sticks out futher than the right side. When I sit down there is still a little flab above my incision. This this normal?

Thank you for all the comments. I had a follow up...

Thanks

I had a Mini TT done this past July 2012 at the...

I had a Mini TT done this past July 2012 at the cost of $5000. I had the Mini TT because this is what my surgeon recommended. I am now lopsided and still lots of skin, wide scar. My surgeon has recommended we do more lipo. The doctors here on Real Self recommended I get a second opinion before I do anything. I actually got 7 other opinions and all surgeons agreed that I should have had a Full TT. I will be proceeding with a Full TT on February 4, 2013 with a new surgeon. My original surgeon is willing to convert me to a Full TT at no cost for his service and I would only pay surgical center charges. I have decided to go with one of the surgeons that gave me another opinion even though I will be out $7500 instead of about $2000. This whole process has been very fustrating. The things I wish I would have known before hand are most people need Full TT. Have several consultations from as many surgeons that you can. Ask ALOT of questions. Let the surgeon know exactly what kind of results you are looking for. Example if when you have on jeans and you sit down and your skin overlaps the top of your jeans and you want this gone show them what you are talking about. I was told when I had the Mini TT that I would have stomach contouring, lipo, and the love handle area greatly reduced. I still have the love handles, puffy stomach, loose skin and a wide scar. My original surgeon did not tell me a lot other than the Mini TT would do what I needed done, maybe I was unclear to him. The surgeon I have choosen to go with was very, very clear on what he would do, and asked me a ton of questions on what results I am wanting to achieve. Explained all the procedures that would take place and what I can expect. I will also send one night at the surgery center and will be place in a binder that more advanced and is very different from the one I had the first time. This has been very difficult since I could be to my original surgeon and save some money, but I do not feel I would get the best results if I go that route. My gut feeling is to go with the new surgeon since I feel so much more confident in the new surgeon. Again my advice is please do your homework it will help you in the long run and save you a lot of money. I consider this my $5000 mistake.
I have also found that the following items will be most helpful when you get home are a walker, a raised toilet seat and either a lift recliner or the contour body system cushions. I did not have these the first time around but I have them for the next time.
I will keep this updated as I get closer to my surgery date. I was not nervous at all the first time, but this time I am really nervous. I assume this is normal considering my circumstance.

I interviewed 7 surgeons and felt most confident and confortable with Dr. Hein.

Good luck with your surgery. I had a mini a long time ago and love my results. Hope everything works out for you.
I had the Lipo touch-up at the end of November, it has turned out great. Swelling is gone, and although nothing is perfect I'm happy with the results.
Going in at noon for the touch up tickle-Lipo, will let you know how it goes :)
Thanks so much! I will be anxious to hear. Mine was set for December 20th but my surgeon had a medical emergency and now I will have to wait till the end of January.
I'm having the same thing done Nov. 29th. I'll keep you posted :)
So did you have the mini TT? If so how ling ago?
I did. I had a mini-tuck w/ Lipo, and a breast reduction/lift on July 19th. Overall it's been great, I have had swelling on the left side some (minor) and around my waist. The Dr. Is doing the Lipo touch up free of charge as well. My Dr has been great, I don't regret this experience one bit :)
We sound like were are in the same boat. I don't regret it at all either. I just hope the lipo is the thing to do and not go in and do a full tummy tuck. Most of the doctors on here stated I should have had a full tummy tuck. Please do keep me posted. Thanks
I will :) funny how we both have the same swelling issue, I'm going to tell my Dr he is free to suck out any other areas he see's fit !! Lol.
the two doctors i saw told me i needed a full but i do not want the scarring that goes with it. i want mini with lipo i hope for my tummy to look better.
Go with the advice of the two doctors you saw, they know best believe me. Your scar will not be that much longer and if done correct it should be only a very thin line once all healed. I would much rather have a longer scar and a flat tummy than a shorter scar and a puffy tummy. Good luck with your choice.
Thank you for all the comments. I had a follow up with my surgeon a couple days ago. He was not happy with the area around my belly button. He wants to do lipo above,below and around the sides of my belly button, this is set for December 20th and he is not charging me for this procedure. Will this help any or will I be going through this all for not much improvement? I welcome any comments or suggestions. Thanks
Ask your PS for a referral to a massage therapist who does lymphatic massage. It has certainly helped me. :-)
Makes sense. Keep up the dialogue.
Thanks for the response. I did see my surgeon a couple weeks ago and he said that we can always go in an tweak with lipo but would not do that until I was at least 5 months from my surgery. He stated we needed to give it a good 5 - 6 months before we make any decisions.
Your photos are still from a relatively early post-operative period, but do (now that they show higher up on the abdomen) show some fatty fullness that MAY end up being an issue. I would speak to your surgeon as you were the only 2 people who know what things really looked like pre-op and what the goals/expectations were for surgery. I would not fret as it does not help. IF anything needs to be done they would be the most tuned in. Good luck.
I'm 16 days out & about your size. However, I was larger than you before. My side photos look a lot like yours now. I still have a lot of swelling & some hardness in the area above my belly button. Massaging on a regular basis has helped though. Have you tried massage yet? Make sure to keep us updated. I hope everything gets better for you, but you really look pretty good in my opinion. Remember they say it can take up to 6 months to a year to get the full effect.
Thanks for your response, yes my surgeron told me to be patient. It could be awhile before I see the final results. I have not tried massage yet. It there a cerain technique.?
I have the same issue, overall everything has been great it's just that left side swelling !! I'm 6 weeks out.
Thanks for the response, I saw my surgeon a couple weeks ago and he told me that it would be at least 5-6 months before I see the final results. I hope he is correct.
Looks like a pretty good result to me. There are limitations to a "mini-TT" and you are living through them. But overall, based only on photos, results seem ok.

I'm sorry you're dealing with disappointing results after your mini tummy tuck. It looks like you got some good answers to your question to doctors. Thank you for sharing. Please report back on how you're healing as your journey progresses!