I Love Seeing 20/20 - Oklahoma City, OK

I received Lasik a little over a week ago in...

I received Lasik a little over a week ago in January 2011.

I had one eye done on one day; the next eye the next day. Within 24 hours of the procedure, I had 20/20 vision. It is AMAZING.

The week of the procedure, I basically had at least one eye related appointment each day (sometimes 2 appointments). A week later, I had one follow up and will also have a one month follow up.

I had to put two drops in my eyes every four hours for a week. After one week, it is one drop at night. Also, for the first week, I had to sleep with plastic eye shields on at night. Nothing less than duct tape would keep them taped on and removing it in the morning was a minor inconvenience.

I did not get enough eye numbing drops on the first eye and there was some discomfort both during and the evening after. It was fine the next day. I asked for more numbing drops on the second eye and there was no discomfort.

All in all, it was VERY well worth the costs.

Hi Joey,

Welcome to the Lasik community. I would love to see 20/20 without contacts or glasses. That's great you had very little discomfort. Please keep us updated and thanks so much for the review.

Thanks,

-Britt

Dr. Robert Gourley

Extremely knowledgable, extremely skilled, provided great information, answered all questions. Knows what he is doing on all counts (doctor skills and people skills).