I'm really thankful to have found this community....

I'm really thankful to have found this community. I have a couple friends that I tell what I'm doing, but nobody that I can really talk to about it or that understands my choices. I'm 43 yr old mom of 2. Oct 2013 I had Mini Tummy Tuck with lipo and lipo to my flanks. I wrote reviews for those, but since I'm having a separate surgery, I figured I would start a new review. At the time of my original surgery I was only 122lbs, but I had excess tummy skin and fat and my flanks were disproportionately large compared to the rest of me. Overall I am very happy with my original results but there are a couple things that need fixing, so I'm going to do it. I figure why go through all that and spend the money to not have exactly what I want. So this is what I'm doing:

(FYI, I currently weigh around 134-137).

1. My scar looks great on the outside but internally there is scar tissue that is causing the scar and the skin around it, to be tacked down too tight so the dr will correct this and do some touch up lipo to the stomach and pubic area.

2. I had to have drains put back in twice. Wearing them for an extended period of time caused the incision scars to keloid, so that is getting fixed.

3. Lipo to flanks - At my lowest weight my flanks looked great, but he didn't take enough out and since that is where I gain weight first, if I gain any weight at all, it goes there first. At my current weight, my flanks are def better than they were before the lipo, but I want the extra flab GONE.

4. Lipo to upper arms and anterior and posterior axillary fat pads - I've always had broad shoulders for my size. Now in my 40s, I'm retaining more fat in my upper body and want my arms and shoulders to have that slim feminine look.

If this goes like I hope, it will be great :) !!

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Clarification

All the pictures of me in the black and grey shorts and red tank top are my current pictures from after my original TT and Lipo but before my surgery scheduled Aug 27, 2014.

Originally I only had lipo to my tummy and flanks. Aug 27, will be the first time to have lipo on my arms and axillary fat pads. Yay, so excited :)

Pictures before Oct 2013 TT and Lipo

I didn't keep my before pictures from my original TT and lipo surgery in 2013. I did find these pictures that were taken before the surgery but not for this purpose. So keep in mind these pictures are at my super skinny weight, I know my belly is showing so I'm sucking it in, stretching my mid section out so no rolls and holding my breath. Also no jeans pushing my muffin top up, over and out. With jeans on and from the back, my flanks were huge.

I understand it body concerns, I was always very thin until a few years ago. I was used to seeing an almost concave stomach, good definition of the waist, and being able to wear almost anything. I went from that to no waist, bulges in the stomach area and very conscious of how I looked in almost everything. Our self image varies according to what we r used to seeing in ourselves. I hope the lipo goes well for u. Good luck.
Thanks, you hit the nail on the head!!
I just saw your before pics and that is NOT HUGE!! I thought you looked good. No hanging belly,saggy or muffin top and flanks are not bad in my opinion.

Internal scar tissue

As I mentioned in my original post, I have internal scar tissue at and around the TT incision. The scar tissue is causing the incision scar and surrounding area to be tacked down (dented) too tight so the tissue does not have the mobility it would otherwise have. This is the main driver for this surgery. You can also see in the pictures that my pubic area protrudes out more than normal. I don't know if that is a result of the scaring or not, but I'm getting that fixed also.

Dent

Here are some pics of my dent due to scar tissue.

Scar tissue dent

Here are some pics of my dent due to scar tissue. The picture of me pushing on it is to illustrate how the scar tissue tacks it down and limits the mobility of the tissue. Kind of acts like a barrier.

1 day post op

My surgery was at 12:30, so by then I had gone over 12 hours without food and water, so I was starving to death, thirsty and had a pounding headache. I remember laying back on the table looking up at the lights, thinking I suddenly I felt much better. Then I was out. Next thing I remember is coming to in the middle of cursing the nurses out. As soon as I realized it, I stopped and asked them if I had just said some really awful stuff to them. They just giggled and said not to worry and that it happens a lot.

I'm pretty loopy on the meds now, so hopefully I'm making sense in this review update.

My dr used drains with my TT Oct 2013, but none this time with the lipo. It is more of a leaking dripping mess.

I'm pretty swelled up right now, so I'm not sure what to make of my results yet. My initial impression is that he didn't remove as much from my arms as I wanted. I wanted them about as thin as I can get them but still looking normal.

Get your rest and be well.

3 day post op

Day 1 and 2 I was in a lot of pain. More pain than I experienced with my previous TT and lipo. I also needed more help than I anticipated because of all the bandage changes and dripping. Day 3, I woke up and feel a lot better. I still feel a little sore but not as much like a walking opened wound. It is such a mix a feelings because you want your dr to be aggressive enough to give you the results you want, but all the lumps and dents you read about are caused by being overly aggressive. This evening I'm going to take some and post some after pictures.

Compression garment

I hated my compression garment during the recovery of my initial procedure, but the sleeves on his one are driving me insane!!!

I understand what you about being used to seeing your younger self. I am 55 muscular and look younger than my age. I have always been thin but as we age our metabolism decreases. Even though I work out a lot, I woke up one day and wondered where the tire around my middle came from. I had liposuction 7 weeks ago and it was the best decision in spite of my fears. My advice to if you have not already done so is to watch what you eat or the fat will come back. Removing the sugar, breads, dairy, and eating a high protein diet of lean meats, poultry, and fish has helped me to lose 10lbs since my first consult in May 2014. Three more lbs and I reach my goal weight of 135lbs. You can do it and best wishes in your recovery!
Happy Healing!

Day 3 and 4 post ops

Here are some pics. Lots of swelling and bruising.

Day 4

I feel an increase in swelling today. My arms r hard to bend and my mid section just feels large. I'm massage often as I can.

Do u know how much they took out? You look great
For only four days out u r looking terrific.
Thanks for the update,your pics look Great! :)

Day 4 arm

My arms are bruised, very sore to the touch and to use. When my pain meds wear off in the middle of the night it is usually because of my arms.

Your arms are healing nicely&look Beautiful and thin. Happy Labor Day!
I asked them how many cc's at my follow up appointment (morning after surgery) but she didn't know because my file hadn't been updated yet. I will find out at my next appointment on thur. My arms were a new lipo area but everything else was touch up, so I anticipate pretty low. My flanks are my biggest trouble spot. Thx u!!
Thx u!!

Day 5 arms

I know it is way too early to know what my arms are going to look like when it is all said and done but the initial impression is not great. The upper back part of my arm just below the shoulder has always looked really wide to me and right now it doesn't look like much has been done to that area at all, but I can tell a lot has been taken off just above the side of my elbow. I'm in no way judging the final product yet, just sharing what my initial experience is at this time. I'm still very hopeful that they are going took great and since arms are def one of those areas that get worse with age, any long term improvement will be great.

Arms:  Yes, too early!  Swelling more one place than another means the shape can be totally different.  Thanks for letting me know about this review so I can follow this one too :D.
Thanks for the review, can't wait for photos
Your stomach looks fantastic!!! My body has not one bruise. I'm disappointed cause does that mean that not enough taken out. I feel exactly the same. I've just had a birthday so I've eaten a lot heavier than normal. So I feel fat, I won't date weigh myself . You look fantastic, I wish I looked as good as you

Me, that's who

Up until the last couple of years, I never seriously considered plastic surgery before. Thankfully I wasn't born with any kind of anomaly that I felt needed correcting. Like so many woman, I always wanted bigger breasts but there were too many things about breast implants that I didn't want that it was never a serious consideration for me. I knew a couple of people that had nose jobs but for the most part, the only people I knew or came into much contact with who had underwent elective plastic surgery were relatively young and it was for breast enlargement. I can remember on more than one occasion having general group conversations asking the person why, what or who did they get them for. I can remember them saying the didn't do it for attention from men and they did it JUST for them self.. I remember hearing it from several different people, but I always dismissed it and not believing it for a second. I think my problem was, I just couldn't relate to that idea at all. At that stage in my life everything I did revolved in some way around how to meet, get or keep a man and why did the need boobs for themselves?? lol it was beyond me! Even tho I still have no real interest in breast enlargement, I have had more cosmetic surgery than anyone else I know. Men try to convince me that I don't need it, that men don't notice that, that if a man was bothered by it they aren't the type of man I should be with anyway and on and on and on and on. I try to explain that it has nothing to do with how men see or feel about me. I hear myself say it, and I know they don't get it, just like I didn't before. Today I am the most single woman I know. I'm a single mother and 100% content at staying this way. I love looking and feeling good in my clothes. It makes everyday feel just that much better and it's all for me!!!

Well said! :)
Glad it's all for you and just you! :) Happy Healing!

6 day post op arms

Idk Why I didn't take some pics with my arms straight out. I took some belly and flank pics but the lighting was terrible. I'll take some more and post them soon. Right now still swollen, so not much has changed. One part of my original TT scar looks more tacted in and up than the rest of it which is converning me a little. I have follow up appointment tomorrow, so I'll ask about it then. I also need some clarification on what all areas did and did not get lipo'ed.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just more stuff I'm wondering about

The first picture is the part of the original TT scar that I'm a little concerned about. Kind of looks like it is tethered down from the inside and slightly further up than its relaxed position would be. Second picture is of an incision and bruising under my breast. I need to get specific details on whether or not he lipo'ed the front side of my arm pits.

When do you see the doc again?  Also, I go in tomorrow, and I'm wondering whether you were able to stand up and, say, boil water, 24 hours post-op?

8 days post op

Yesterday I was 8 days post op and my follow up appointment. The appointment was with the nurse, so I didn't get to see the dr. The bad news is, I still have a lot of swelling. The good news is, I still have a lot of swelling. I think my stomach looks really good but I've been less than wow'ed by the rest of the results (flanks, back, arms, anterior fat pads and below the arm pit). I knew I still had some swelling but I didn't know how much and some areas, I didn't know if they had even been done. Without me even mentioning it, the nurse repeatedly emphasize how swollen I still was. So anyway, it makes me really happy and excited about seeing the final result. Here are my latest pics. Well, I don't know why but it won't let me post pics. I'll try later

If you continue to have the posting problem, please let me know?
WOOHOOOO! GLAD you are healing properly&everything looks good. the SWELL HELL IS THE WORST! Try pineapple juice,coconut water or bromelain pills. Happy Friday!
Oh sorry, I missed this question. I was able to get around pretty good but I was in a lot of pain so I had to take meds.

8 days post pics

Looking good!
She gave me LASIX water pills but I'm nervous to take them. Maybe tomorrow while I can be home.
Ok great! :) hope they help tomorrow.

How many CC

At my last follow up appointment I asked them how many CCs they took out. They did not of the official report back from the hospital, but they did have a picture of the canister which indicated the out about 2500cc. It was 2500cc canister and it was full. The hospital report from my previous lipo did not identify the exact number of cc removed but it also had a picture of the canister. It was less than half full and estimated at about 1000cc. But that also does not include the section that was cut out with TT. I was amazed at how much cc he removed this time and it made sense why I am in so much more pain and discomfort this time. A lot more suction over a lot more area.

Wow you are going to see a big difference! !! 2500 cc!!

How I really feel about the Compression Garment

Here are some pics of me in my stage 2 compression garment. Let me just say that hate is not a strong enough word to explain how much I dislike this part of the recovery. I'm the type of person who typically the moment I walk in the door clothes come off, bra comes off and comfortable house clothes come on. So having to wear this extremely tight and confining outfit 24/7 is torture for me. I can't even stand to wear tank tops under my shirt and this is 100x worse than that. I admit that I do need some later of protection between me and my jeans, but this ain't it!! Not only is it tight, constrictive and way too hot, the thing is entirely made of rubber and rubber just does not glide across the skin like clothes are supposed to. It sticks to your skin and wants to take your skin with it when it moves. The only way I can sleep in it is if I completely knock myself out on pain and sleep medication, so instead I sleep in the stage 1 garment. I cheat a lot. I tell myself I'm just going to take it off for a couple minutes but it is usually an hour or longer. When I had my TT, after a while I switched to this girdle type thing I bought at department store and would pull it down low over my tummy. At some point I'll do that again this time. Oh, one more thing. I am extremely tender, bruised and have hard tender lumps right below my breasts in the center. The top edge of the garment sets right on top of it, so I wear a strip of foam there to protect it. Extremely painful if I don't. It is shown in the lasts pic.

I hope it works out for you. Maybe just wear maxi dresses due to it being so HOT. This does sound uncomfortable and painful. Stay strong. Sending positive vibes :)
Even though the principle is the same (lots more was removed this time), a lot of that is tumescent fluid.  The fat is just the layer floating on top.  That said, all that tumescent fluid was shot inside of you!  And I think they usually shoot it a little further even than they are sucking out fat, to make sure you're numb.  So first they blow us up like a balloon, and then they suck most of it out again, plus some fat.  It's crazy that this stuff works! :D  But no wonder you're sore!  And I agree about the garments.  *sigh*.  It's so hard to breathe, especially after a meal.  And lying down in bed.  I wake up so exhausted because I haven't breathed deeply at all--have to force my lungs to suck in air.  It can't be healthy!  And I've read some doctors who don't recommend this kind of tight compression because they say it delays healing (something about not allowing blood to circulate?)  So then I just wish I had a doctor who didn't want me to wear a tight garment, LOL!

Happy continued healing!

Work, kids and liposuction

One of the big unknowns for me was how would I manage with my kids and how much time would I need off work. I'm a single mom and my kids are young; age 4 and 6. They go to their days, but they typically only stay one or two nights away at a time, and I have no extended family that can help.

I had my surgery on a wed. I made arrangements for my kids to stay with their day wed, thur, and fri night. They came home Saturday morning. Monday was a holiday, so me and the kids spent the most part of sat, sun and mon in the house. Lots a movies and TVs. Tues morning the kids went back to school and I went back to work. My work doesn't require any hard lift or manual type of labor. It is mostly a mixture of sitting at desk, walking, climbing ladders, very steep stairs, stooping, crawling and making my way through confined spaces. For more labor intensive work, you would def need more time off. I was able to manage going back to work after 5 days, but I def was not 100%.

That makes a lot of sense. I can't remember what % of it was the fat vs fluid. I have another appointment tomorrow. Get to see the actual dr. I'll ask him. I'm curious to know. Doesn't have to be exact, but good estimate will work.

I'm feeling a little discouraged today

I know it is too soon to judge the results, but my flanks are less tender now so I can grab ahold of the tissue without hurting myself. It def feels like there is still a lot more fat on the left side. The main reason I did this second surgery was my TT scar and I wanted more off my flanks. When I wear jeans, I don't want to see any fat bulging out. I just did the arms as an after thought. If I paid the same dr twice to do my flanks and he still didn't get them righted, I'm going to be so devastated. Hopefully I'm jumping the gun. Time will tell.

I know where you're coming from.  When I look down on my own results, it looks uneven in the front.  But I just keep thinking that it's too early.  I keep wondering whether I'm sleeping unevenly or something.  My right side is bruised more than my left, for example.  But we're not even when we do things, so there's just no way to know.  But please don't be discouraged.  You're too swollen and stuff to be out showing your belly at this point anyway, I'm assuming, plus you're supposed to be in compression.  I just keep thinking to myself, let it heal now, and think about the results after the compression garment comes off.  At this stage, you're gonna drive yourself crazy.  I basically allow myself to look when I shower, then take my video for uploading and put the garment on and then I don't let myself think about it anymore.  It has to wait until the next day.

I don't want you to be sad!  There are always options.
Good idea except I can't wear dresses to work. I work on elevated platforms, so everyone would get a really good show!!! :) I knew going into it, that it is just part of it. Unfortunately just not the part I enjoy!! If I was the type of person that could wait, it probably would have been worth it to wait till late fall or winter.
Ok yeah bad idea! No free shows :) hang in there!

Lumps, bumps and scarring

I had a follow up with the dr today. The last couple of days I had started to notice a lot of lumpy bumpy areas. I really wasn't all that concerned, because I thought it was just part of the normal healing process. In some areas it was like I could feel the lipo tunnels and they were firming up. He said it was scar tissue and adhesions starting to form. He also identified 2 areas on my stomach, 2 areas on my flanks and 1 area on my arm that is starting to "shelf." That is when the area loses mobility due to scar/adhesion. On Aug 22 I posted a picture of a shelf I developed from my first lipo. He also said the part of my scar I posted a pic of on 3 Sept with an arrow was developing adhesion and scar tissue. He said I'm more susceptible to scarring because I had a lot of scarring/adhesions from the first procedure so he really had to work the areas a lot to get through it and because the second time you lipo (trauma) the tissue more than once your risks go up. He and the nurse spent about 30 minutes massaging me. Said right now massage is the best thing I can do for it. Do it often, deep and hard. He also said no more stage 2 garment. Yay!! Said to buy something with light support from any store. And lastly he said to do lots of moving, twisting and stretching to breakup and prevent the adhesions. I was massaging but now I'm going to start doing it with a mission with a lot more pressure. The nurse told me he sometimes has them take vitamin e orally, so I was thinking of starting that too.

Glad to hear he was able to address these concerns. Definitely do arm stretches,believe it or not my sweeping,mopping and scrubbing the bathroom sink,bath tub&vacuuming kept my arms moving and it helped. It is a good work-out. ;0) I used Clarisonic Pro face Massager it comes with body attachments. Happy Healing!
So glad you went to your doctor and had that clarified!  I haven't heard of so much scarring before (having read only about five-ten cases, that's probably not strange,) and never would have thought of it.  I bet a lot of people out there wouldn't have thought of it either, but now know because of your review.  I hope you are able to break all that stuff up!  Did they say how likely it is to respond well to the massage and twisting and vit. E and the like?  And are there any treatments failing this less-invasive treatment?

2 weeks post op: lumpy, bumpy, belly

Kind of funny cause even tho my stomach had some fat on it, it really didn't bother me. I thought it looked natural. The purpose of doing this lipo was to correct the TT scar and lipo the pubic area that became disproportionately puffy after the TT. There was a little pocket of fat under the belly button and the right side had a little more than the left so I asked him to clean that up. I really had no idea he was going to do such a complete lipo of my abs from top to bottom. Really it looks like he didn't leave any fat. Idk, it's early so hopefully most if not all of this can be worked out. If not I think he has some other things we can try.

These lumps just started popping up like yesterday And I just happened to have the follow up with him already scheduled. Lucky break. He went into a deal talking about how what we are doing right now is the best thing we can do for it right now. I did get the impression there was more things you can do if this doesn't work but I really didn't ask. The whole deal kind of caught me off guard. I had been at work all day, so I really hadn't realized how bad it was.
It looks like the hard (brawny) edema everybody's been talking about lately.  Where the swelling gets hard.  Those lumps seem to dissipate on most people.  It's definitely the scar tissue thing that sounds concerning.  But at least he's on it, and you're on it.  We'll keep waiting and watching your progress.  Aside from the bumps, you look really great, though, so I sure hope this stuff gets resolved.  You've gone through enough! :)
It looked that up. I think you are right. Def sounds like what lumpy bumpy areas are. Maybe I was confused and he was talking about the "shelf" areas and I was applying it to every thing. Thx

4 Things to break down internal scar tissue

1. Deep tissue massage
2. Time to heal
3. Myofascial Release (MFR) - Stretching, pressure and skin rolling to increase hydration, separate the fascia, restore elasticity and decrease compression
4. 400 to 800 UI of Vitamin E twice daily, 1000 mg Vitamin C daily, Thiosinaminum, calcium fluoroide, causticum and graphites

It was actually a really good thing that I went in and was told that because I was doing the opposite of that. When I was feeling the tightness and burning, I was limiting the movement instead of stretching it out. The stretching makes sense, but I had seroma complications with TT, so I was afraid to break any new healing/bonds. Since I've started stretching I can see a lot of positive results.

My arms at 15 days post op

A lot of the swelling in my arms has gone down, and I'm starting to see the results. I'm really liking them and excited that I decided to do it. The area just below the shoulder is def thinner than before, and when I wave there is nothing hanging or flapping on the bottom. Looks very natural. Something that nobody would ever notice was different, but def makes your whole look better. Yay, happy arm :). I've been massaging them and stretching them off and on throughout the day. There is some denting on the bottom when my arms are in certain positions but I'm confident they will disappear as I heal. Yay arms :)!!

Very nice arms and no scars are noticeable!!!!! :0) YAY!!!
Yes, scars are just tiny dots and I'm covered in tiny dots so they blend right in!! Dr said no more compression so today they are making their debut!!
Well,they look Great! :) TGIF!! YAYA no Cg!!! lol

16 post op

I've been a massaging machine. Somethings are getting better and somethings are staying the. The lumpy bumpy texture is much better but some of the other defects are still there. I'm going to keep massaging.

The last few days my pain level has greatly improved. Today was the first day I didn't feel pain or soreness just from moving. It still hurts when I massage, rub or stretch but not nearly as bad.

The dr told me no more of the stage 2 compression. He was worried they might be contributing to scaring and limiting my movement too much. I got a body shaper from kohl's. I got the high waisted shorts. My kids were with me, so I didn't get much of a chance to shop or think about my choice. I think I will go back and find one that just goes around the torso.

Anyway.. in summary here is where I'm at on things.

Arms - worth it

Flanks - currently it looks like he didn't take enough fat out of one side. They look better than they did before, but since this area is a touch up, I expect it to be right.

Stomach fat - right now seems worth it. Flat tummy and lumps are healing.

Correction of TT scar and other areas of internal scar tissue "shelfing" - right now it looks like ALL of these defects are returning. I didn't realize that was possible but seems to be the case.

Pain

Well just yesterday I was saying how much better the pain was, and I guess I spoke too soon. Today I left the house to run errands. By the time I got home, I was feeling a dull sore stinging pain all over. I couldn't wait to get home and take something. I didn't wear a garment at all. That may have contributed to it. Maybe I still need to at least wear some light support.

17 day post op pics

I think it's just swelling and in 2-6 months you will be Perfect :) Stay Positive. :)

So sore today

I woke up so sore today. Arms and stomach are the main thing. It feels like a cross between being sore after a big work out and all the needles when one of your limbs falls asleep. I remember with my TT being in more pain at 2 weeks post op than I was directly after. The nurse told me was because all the nerves are healing. I think that is probably the same this time. Just part of the healing process.

U look so good! It's going to get better over time.
I wanted to ask you if you are massaging arms?
Oh yes massaging them off and on all day... When I'm watching t.v, at lunch, in met rings, in lines waiting.. Since it's an area I dont need privacy for or to lay down or anything like that, I'm rubbing them all the time. I'm stretching them a lot too. They are a little bumpy on the bottom side, but only in certain positions. Kind of looks like cellulite. It is also really firm around the elbows. Why do u ask?? You got any advice??

New Garment - stage 3

Here is my new garment. Got it from kohl's. Love it. So comfortable. It has an inner layer that provides the support, so it has more support than it looks and keeps my jeans off my skin. I wish it was open in the chest area but only temporary so good enough to get by.

They carry some at Walmart for $14-$17 by maiden form all kinds :) Try some of theirs and they do have some open chest too.
Glad u r having good luck with a kohl product. I bought one for $42 in small but I should have had extra small. My big problem was the second time I wore it the side seem was open and I had to 're sew it. What a piece of junk they sold me.
Good thing you're an expert sewer.  Sheez!

Left flank

Picture makes me go, "Grrrrrrrrr"..

Damn arm looks good tho :)

When will the swelling go away already!  I'm feeling you :(.  But you still look great in the meantime!
U looking good! !
Thx, so kind. Def helps!

Scar tissue annihilation

Watch out scar tissue. I'm numbed up, armed up and read up. Prepare to be annihilated!!!

Um.  OW!
I heard massaging is important. Let us know how u like it!?! The orange balls that is!

Massaging scar tissue

So I've been reading up on massage methods to treat internal scar tissue. It wasn't specific to after liposuction, but similar enough that it would apply. There are to main ones that I found Mayofascial Release and Cross-Friction Massage. The techniques are a little different but the healing mechanism is the same. I idea of it is to stretch the scar tissue so it becomes softer, more flexible and acts more like your own tissue. For cross friction you don't use lotion or lube of any find because you want the skin to pull as you massage over it. I've been massaging every day/night but just found out about the cross friction yesterday. Yesterday I massaged from about 5 to 7:30. Today I am sooo swollen. Idk if I over did it, if this normal reaction or unrelated but I def think it is helping. I have a lot of very firm scar tissue. I don't thing anything I can do will make it go away, but I def think this is improving the appearance. Warning to those who try cross-friction. It is very painful. It is like you can feel the scar tissue pulling on your inside tissue.

Sooo sore

And I'm still so unbelievably sore. I'm sure all the massaging last night didn't help, but I just did not expect to be in this much discomfort for this long. It makes life exhausting to be in this much pain and discomfort. I hate the idea of taking my pain meds this long, but I seriously would be in serious trouble without them at this point.

Yeah--I'd be concerned about being on pain meds this long.  Most of them are addictive and not good for your liver and stuff :(.  Hopefully this massage will be the ticket and you'll start getting over this pain!  Thank you for keeping us updated.  If you felt the motivation, you could make a short video snippet showing the two different versions of the massage.  Because I have no idea what you're talking about--other than that it sounds terrible!
I hope this pain subsides ASAP!!! Stay hydrated to flush out the toxins,fluid build up etc. Sending positive vibes your way. Hang in there.

Being a big baby

If big baby whining annoys you, then you should probably not read any further. Here it goes; omg I am so over this liposuction recovery. I am so sick and tired or feeling sick and tired. I wake up so sore, my skin hurts to the touch, my body hurts when I move, my clothes hurt, I'm exhausted and I hate taking these pain meds but I literally cannot get by without them right now. They are the only thing that knocks the edge off enough that I can function. Just getting through the day takes so much extra effort. Im SOOOOOOO over it. I want to feel like me again. I did not anticipate that the recovery would be so intense. Dr said he suctioned the heck out of me and had to be aggressive because of all the scar tissue. I start feeling a little better, but the massaging seems to undo a lot of the healing process and then I'm even more sore... Whah whah whah.. I want to get better now, and like all babies, I want my mommy to take care of me :(

I will keep you in my prayers. Sounds excruciating and no one likes being all doped up for this long,you definitely can't function. I say stop the massages,that only helps swelling,i say drink pineapple juice or coconut water for that.and try to ween off the meds. Massages honestly didn't do much for me,but everyone is different. But since it is causing more harm than good and undoing the good just let time heal all these wounds. Stay positive&strong.
Thanks for the support. I worry about the pain meds too. I've know several people who died from pain pill addiction, so I take it pretty seriously too. Plus, I just have too much to lose to get messed up on that. I think that cross friction massage with no lotion put me over the pain threshold edge. I'm giving that a break for a couple days and just doing regular massaging the the Mayofascial one with lotion. Idk about a video. I could try but I'm a total ameture myself so not even sure I'm really doing it right. Hopefully not more harm than good.
That makes sense, about the video.

It really sounds unreasonable, that you're in pain this long :(.  But I'm sure that you've talked it over with your doctor many times.  Maybe you should go to your regular doctor.  Can they do, like, MRIs or something?  I have no idea.  I hate to see you in pain like this--it breaks my heart :(.  Even after my TT I wasn't in pain like that.  I was on the meds for, like, 8 or 9 days, and then everything else was bearable.  It seems like something is wrong, and maybe someone else could figure out what it was.  Although I honestly cannot imagine what it could be :(.

Almost 4 weeks post op

Well I'm almost 4 weeks post op, and a couple things have changed, so I thought I would update.

Compression garment: even tho the last garment I bought is way more comfortable than the stage 2 garment the dr gave, after a while it becomes very uncomfortable also. The elastic material pulls on my skin and as the day goes by I get more and more sore, so as of yesterday, I stopped wearing it. Today I have on jeans and a cotton shirt. I put a piece of the foam inside my jeans along the waist and small square piece under the front center of my bra because it is still tender there. So far, it feels amazing.

Scar tissue: the surgery def did not remove my internal scar tissue. If anything it added too it. Visually right now, it looks okay. There are some dents but because of their locations they kinda blend in as natural contour. But I can def feel the difference between the regular tissue and the scar tissue. Also at 43, I have all kinds of dents, bumps, scars and other things, so it isn't that big of a deal to me. I don't show my stomach all that often and my flat tummy looks great in clothes.

Flanks: both flanks have more fat than I would like but the left is especially bad. This is dr esting to me. This was my primary motivation for getting plastic surgery and after 2 lipos and over $10,000, they still aren't right. It gives me a heavy heart. I mentioned at my last visit but because it was so early in recovery and there was still swelling, I didn't make a huge deal about correcting it, but once I'm healed, if they still aren't right, I'm going to let him know I think he needs to correct it.

Swell: My swelling continues to go up and down. I'm not sure if there is anything that I'm doing that contributes to it or not. I think the massaging def does.

Massaging: I spend most of my free time massaging. I'm taking a break from the cross direction and doing more of the Mayofascial release. I will do more of the cross friction after I have healed more.

Pain: I'm still pretty sore but my skin isn't as hyper sensitive to the touch anymore and my arms are a lot better. I'm taking a lot of ibuprofen which helps with the pain and inflammation. I'm still taking my pain meds but only later in the even.

My advice to others. 72 hours after lipo surgery, I would start light massaging and lots of stretching. As you heal adjust the firmness of the massage.

Nice to hear that the pain is getting a little bit better.  Hopefully that's not a fluke.  Maybe it's even to do with removing that compression garment!  I'm out of mine now, and I sleep so much better and feel so much better, so I'm hoping that the swelling doesn't get too bad so that I have to put it on again.

When you talk about your flanks, it made me think about how my flanks are also still really thick and dense, so I'm hoping they're just slow to heal like knees are.  You're only like a week and a half ahead of me, I think.  But yeah, if it doesn't resolve in 6 months, I'd be back there asking for revision as well.  I mean, I won't, because I didn't ask him to do my flanks specifically--but my doctor marked them because I pointed to them and mentioned them and I bruised and had pain there so I'm hoping to see a difference, but right now, no difference at all.  I'm going to assume our shared experience in this area means it's normal.
I hope in 6 months time you will like your results. If your flanks are still not right,your ps should do the revision for free. But every doctor has different policies. Stay Positive and have a Happy Monday.
Lol except this was the revision. The way I see it, he is going to have to have a change of policy on this one. I'm willing to accept that he didn't fix my scar issue, but he going to have to get the flanks right. That should be easy.. :) His has never mentioned doing in office procedures but since it I'd just the one area, that would be the ideal fix. We'll see. I have another appointment in 2 weeks. Still too early to do anything, but I'm going to make sure he is aware of my concerns. Which isn't easy for me. I hate confronting stuff like this.

Flanks at 4 weeks

Makes me ill to think about the fact that I spent about $11,000 and still have a muffin top in the back. I'm a single middle class mother of 2. In OK our cost of living is quite a bit lower than the bigger cities. I get a little ill when I think about what else I could have done with that money. I felt guilty spending it anyway, but feeling like I paid so much extra to get things fixed that didn't get fixed, makes me feel like I just irresponsibly pissed the money away. And shelfishly on myself instead of something for the family. Grrrrr.. Sorry to be so negative, but it is the reality of my experience. No place else I can talk about this without judgement.

The right flank (the one that looks better), the tissue feels firm/dense. The left side feels soft, mushy and fatty. So if yours feels dense, I think that seems like a good sign. I really do hope mine resolves in time and all my fussing, worrying and combining is for nothing :).. But hey, that could be a good lesson for others learn to learn from my profile. I think I probably spend to much time reading the reviews that didn't work out instead of those that did.

Back/bra rolls

This is another area I'm concerned about because I don't see much change. Feels very soft and mushy. Hopefully just swelling.

Lol.. Yes I think I need to hide my camera for a month or so. I think the first time I had it done, I hoped for a great outcome but had no real expectation. There was such an immediate " wow" difference. Every time I looked in the mirror, all I saw was my great new shape. This surgery is more about the details than the overall change and this time I have an expectation, so I'm def having a hard time just letting it play out. And not like it is going to make a difference in the end. Things are what they are :)
I can easily be wrong, but I don't think you have excess fat in your bra roll area.  I think that's just skin.  That was what I was told when I asked about getting lipo there a couple of years ago, and I had more than you have in that picture.  Another community member today reminded me that some of what makes it stick out is also breast tissue.  Sometimes it can be alleviated by wearing a different kind of bra, but I haven't found that bra yet.
I really think it is swelling and will be improve over the months like 3-6. Hang in there. ;)

So I think I might have skin cancer

I notice this pinkish bump like blemish shortly after my lipo. It became inflamed and a little itchy. A couple days later it started to look like it was leaking, so I wasn't really worried about it. I meant to ask Dr about it at follow up but forgot. Then it because inflamed again and has cycled like this several times now and grown in size. This worried me, so I looked at my before lipo pictures and it was there (but smaller), so I've had it for at least 6 weeks. I looked online and it looks really similar to Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC) which is the most commonly diagnosed cancer that there is (per Internet anyway). I'm not overly freaked out about it because it said BCC rarely metastasizes. I have an appointment with my general practitioner tomorrow, so we'll see.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Type.. It wasn't leaking..

Sorry auto correct. It was never leaking. That was supposed to be " it looked like it was healing"

Prayers it is NOT BCC. Keep me posted.
Happy healing! !
I have read other stories on here about a bubble or blister looking bump appearing after surgery. But u had it before. I hope it's not BCC. I will keep following ur journey.

Really excited - Therapeutic ultrasound for scar tissue

I have some news I'm really happy and excited about. I was reading through the Dr Q & A looking for treatment options for internal scar tissue. Aside from having it cut out, massage and ultrasound were the only other things mentioned. I found a chiropractor who does massage AND ultrasound scar tissue treatments and my insurance will cover them both!!!! Yippee. Yay!!

Hope it all works out for you. :) Insurance covering it is always a good thing.
Congratulations on the ultrasound!!!  Super-excited to see if that ends up working for you.  But for now, a little freaked about the BCC.  Please do let us know what the doctor finds and what the plans are.  I hope it's just a side-effect of this surgery, somehow!
I have high hopes for the ultrasound for a couple reasons. When my second son was born, I had to pump my breast milk. The leaning forward to pump caused excruciating pain in my back. To the point, i couldn't focus or function. I went to chiropractor and they did ultrasound. When they were doing it, it felt like NOTHING and in my head I was thinking, "what kind of racket BS is this".. But it worked amazingly. My mother in law had similar experience with it. I also did a lot of reading on it and it really seems to be a legitimate treatment. I only wish the place was closer, so I could go more frequently. My first appointment is Tuesday.

Like they say, "no news is good news"

The dr thought it grew too fast to be cancer, so he didn't want to biopsy yet. He prescribed a steroid cream and wants to see it again in 2 weeks. So hope for the best and see how it goes.

What Dr did you use and are you satisfied? I'm in okc and there are so many to choose from.
Definitely hoping for the best!  I've gotten a number of very strange pimple-like but extremely itchy things since this surgery.  The first one showed up the next day.  It's like hives or something, but never more than 5 or 10 at a time, spread over my whole body.  I'm hoping yours is just something weird like that.
This is great news :) WOOHOOOO!

Flanks at 32 days post op

My flanks are my biggest problem area and my primary motivation for my original TT and touch up lipo. So basically that is why in so focused on this area. Here are the pics of my left flank at 32 days post op. I consider it an improvement compared to the 29 day post op picture, but I really don't see much improvement compared to my before pics. At 29 dpo, I still had quite a bit of swelling but at this point, I'm thinking this is prob pretty close to my final result. I know they say 6 months, but I think you have a petty good idea about things way before that. I'm going to mention it at my next appointment without making too big a deal just yet. I want him to know I'm concerned, but still too early to discuss corrective options.

My swelling improved a lot today. Now I see what flanks are, I'm not sure he touched mine, cause my scar doesn't go that far.  So my flanks wee swelling a little even though I didn't do them!
i think you're right after 1 month or 2 it is pretty much your final result,that's just from my experience with lipo on arms. I knew after 2 weeks,there wasn't going to be a dramatic change but significant enough and my arms don't wiggle or jiggle underneath so it served it's purpose. I personally like your abs and flanks but i understand you paid to get them removed. I hope it's just swelling and you lose some inches.

1st therapeutic ultrasound treatment for scar tissue

I had my 1st ultrasound appointment today. They did it for 8 minutes and I'm going to try to go 2x a week. She seemed to spend most of her time on the right side. After I go a couple more times and they know me better, I'm going to ask for 8 minutes on each side. I'm optimistic that it will soften and improve the effects of the scar tissue. I asked the Drs on real self how often I should get the treatments. 3 answered. They all said they didn't think it would help but I don't think one of them understood what I was using it for. I'm not discouraged tho. Many of the dr's recommendation for other questions about scar and contour issues was to get ultrasound treatments and it is a common treatment for other causes of scar tissue, so I'm not discouraged by their comments.

Will definitely be interested if it works as well.  My mom has some awful scar tissue from a groin injury that sometimes makes it so she can't walk.  She dies deep tissue and assisted stretching but it's so slow.  I read the stuff to her that you'd written in your review about it.

Good luck!  I find it strange that some doctors recommend it and others say it doesn't work?
This sounds interesting. I never heard of ultrasound repairing scar tissue. I have a couple that need therapy. Lemme know if it does works,i would love to know.
I don't have any scars back there either. I guess the cannula is long and flexible enough to reach. The first time, the only incision I had was my TT incision. This time I have 3 incisions (not including arms). One under each breast and one through the middle of my TT incision.

Home therapeutic ultrasound unit

So excited. I just ordered a home therapeutic ultrasound unit today. I did a lot of research. For my price range, I think I got the best one. It is US Pro 2000 second edition. The medical web pages required you to have a script or be a Dr, but I was able to buy in on Ebay for $93. Even tho my insurance will cover the treatments, at twice a week the copays add up fast and it is conveniently located near my home or work, so this seemed like it was worth a shot. So excited!!

Your arms look great even after 4 days! I am dissapointed how mine look right now. The exact same. I wanted thin arms. Though I just had surgery today, I can pinch the same amount of fat on my arm as before. Praying it's just swelling and trying to think positively. You look amazing!!! x
The 4 day pic is actually really swollen. My arms were little big before surgery, they had the wiggle jiggle when I waved but not huge. I was having the surgery for the other stuff and it was an add on idea. Your arms will get much better, I'm sure of it!!
You look great! Congrats! I also had lipo with a fat transfer to the breasts. It was interesting to me that after your first lipo, you feel you gained the weight in your upper body, calling yourself a linebacker. I have the exact same thing. If you google, "1 year after liposuction" there are many articles showing that the fat comes back and those who were more pear shaped become top heavy. There is even one article with drawings showing what happens to the body. It explains how our bodies fight to hold on to the fat and it will accumulate again somewhere, often in odd places. Kind of a bummer. I am trying to decide if I want to get lipo again to also get rid of my arms like you did, my stomach, and fix some dents, etc from the lipo. Take care & happy healing to you!!

Belly pictures 37 dpo

Here are my current belly pics. Some days look better than others. I'm only pointing out the to major areas with contour problems but there are also some small dents above my bb. In time I think those will be fine. As I mentioned before, some days are better than others and changes throughout the day also. These pics are what my belly looks like on a bad day.

Thx for the compliment :)

Pain and discomfort at 37 dpo

Just wanted to give a quick update on my pain level and recovery. I am doing much better than before but at 37 dpo I still have pain primarily in my arms and abdomen. Even just light touches or rubbing of the back of my arms if very painful. When I sit on my couch, I can't stand the feel of the rough fabric on my arms, so I have to sit on a sheet. My belly is still tender but not as bad as my arms although by the end of the day they become more sensitive. Even my shirts bother my skin sometimes. I'm taking 1200 mg of ibuprofen a day. Totally of the pain pills. I took them for about 30 days very consistently and I did have some nasty withdrawal when I stopped. It was most noticeable at night; Insomnia, un able to relax or keep my arms still. It was a rough couple of nights.

I'm sorry you had to go through the withdrawal :(.  Glad that's behind you now.  I'm still concerned about your pain, as I know you are.  I wonder if you could ask the doctors in the Q&A if they have any ideas what could be causing it, and how to fix it.  One doctor has loads of experience, but hundreds of doctors have lots more.  Maybe one of them has encountered this before.  Living in pain is not good!  It takes much too much energy.

As for the dents, it looks a lot like what I've seen on some of the others who get the really hard swelling.  Are the dents hard at all?  I've started getting weird nodules on my knees that I can feel, and I still have pain on my knees, but I'm only 3 weeks out, I think.  I can't even keep track of that--so pathetic ;).  The discomfort is worse now than it was a week ago--I don't know.  But it's still nothing compared to what you're feeling!
Yeah more in the back, over your butt. But you can see them around your hips from the front too. Before I had my original procedure, I would look in the mirror and push them back.

A little regret is seeping in

The more I look at those creases and dents on my stomach, that little voice keeps popping up in my head, telling me I should of just left well enough a lone. Hopefully she is just passing by and will be gone tomorrow.

So sorry =(
The dents are the scar tissue. Right now they are getting progressively worse, but hopefully like most typical scars, they will improve with time. I have an appointment with PS on Tuesday. I'm going to ask if there is anything we can do to improve them.. Other than the massaging I'm doing constantly.

A much better day

Tummy is looking better today and that makes me feel better :)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I think your abs and arms look great. I wonder do you have any lose skin around abs at 2 months ? I'm at 5 weeks and wondering if I'm going to get tighter.
Thx you very much. Yours is looking really great! No odd contour or dents at all. When I sit, bend or scrunch my tummy, I don't have any excess skin but I had a tummy tuck October 2013. Your skin probably just needs some more time to tighten and adjust to your new size. People have different skin elasticity, so some will adjust sooner than others. You were pretty small to start with, so I'm sure in time it will tighten up. Your flanks look really great also!!

Yay yay, got my ultrasound machine in the mail today.. Yay

WOOOHOOOOO :)
Awwww I know u was looking fwd to it! Yayy!

6 weeks post op update

Last Saturday I was still experiencing a lot of hypersensitivity but the last couple of days have been much better. The back of my arms are still very sensitive to the touch. If I try to massage them it feels like needles. At 6 wks I'm still noticing changes. My stomach skin and scar tissue is extremely tight and I also have a pretty tight band of tissue that wraps around my right hip and flank area. My scar tissue on my belly has been looking worse lately. I think it will take significant time for that to soften and improve. My left flank (one that makes me go Grrrrr), is improving but still bigger than it should be. I'm also experiencing new firmness and tenderness at the back bra rolls and under my arm pit. I feel a lot of new bumps, lumps and noduals. My upper abs and along the rib cage I can feel lumps that I think are in the lipo tunneling. I def have not been drinking enough fluids so that make be part of the cause. In my lower abdomen I can feel a lot of soft tissue nodule type things. Almost feels like tendens and blood vessels and stuff like that. Kind of weird. After my TT my pubic area looked puffy and fat. He was supposed to lipo it. I see a little difference but not significant. Since it is the low point, I guess it could still be swelling also. My TT scar is looking less tacked down so that is good. I have a dr appoint today so we'll see.

I think you will continue to see changes for quite a while. I did. Sending you well wishes

Loving this!!

I think the surface of my tummy needs some softening up to look more smooth and natural, but I love this ultra flat no roll tummy tho!!

Jealous of that beautiful abdomen!!!!
Looking good! !!
Yep!  I hope I get back to that at some point, LOL!

6 wk Follow up dr visit

So I had follow up with PS today. With all my scarring issues, I decided to focus on getting those worked out, and decided to wait to bring up subject of touch up lipo till another time. He said I probably have so much pain due to my scaring and my skin still being so firm. He said he has never seen anyone who's body wants to scar on the inside as much as mine. Which doesn't surprise me a bit. Lol...Story of my life!! He injected a steroid into 4 areas on my belly. Total of about 10 to 12 shots. It was NOT fun. I forget to ask which kind of steroid. He also wrote me a script for singulair and said to come back in a month. Kind of sucks but I'm relieved that he is proactively treating it.

What is Singulair?  I hope all those painful shots work!
It is an asthma medication. I guess the idea is that scaring is an immune system response kind of like asthma is. I've read some reviews on it and seems to have some pretty wicked side effects; anger, moody, depression, insomnia and vivid dreams. Lol like I need any help getting pissed off :)... Lol
Oh my!  At least you know to monitor yourself for that stuff now.  That's worrying.  Hopefully you won't have those side effects.

Bad tummy day - deep dent

I don't know what makes some days better or worse than others. When I see this I get discouraged. I am a massaging machine. I massage off and on all day at work and in the evenings, I watch some tv and massage for like 2 hours. Hopefully in the end it will pay off.

At this point, I feel like, at least daily changes means that things aren't settled, and there's still hope.  For me, things have been kind of stuck and I've gained a bunch of weight (as of yesterday I was 8 pounds over), so I'm back to dieting.  I feel weird gravelly stuff in my knees but nothing weird at my abs, so I've decided that the weird nodules and dents and stuff means it's still healing.  I'm so mentally exhausted from second-guessing everything.  Just going to go back to the tried-and-true stuff and hope that everything works out in the end.  I hope your pain continues to lessen, and that you can soften that scar tissue.  Has the ultrasound stuff been working at all, do you think?  The home one, I mean?
Gosh Afnav- I am really wondering if ALL lipo causes this. I feel like it is rare that I do not see people with lipo dents or issues from lipo. It just seems like such an imprecise procedure. Think about it, sticking a rod inside and pulling it up & down- how can it be precise? I know I have major issues as well from the lipo especially as time goes on. It gets worse with time. Ripples, divets, dents, caved in areas. Quite the lovely mess. And, why am I considering getting more lipo to get the fat to fix the mess? Then, I will probably be left with more of a mess!! I do wish you the best. Are you supposed to be massaging that much??
I agree with you. The risk of dent and or lumps is really high. In hindsight, I was not a good candidate for a second procedure. I scar easily and occassionally severely and the more times an area is traumatized, the more likely I am to scar. I already had internal scar tissue due to pseudo bursa complication of my tummy tuck, so I think the second lipo just added more scar tissue to the already scarred areas. Also I didn't think about it before, but I had two lapriscopy surgeries in the past, so I probably already had some scar tissue from the beginning. Massaging is supposed to help soften the scar tissue. I was thinking if a little is good, a bunch more must be better, but you may have a point. Maybe too much.