Doubts About Results - Ohio

I went through a large-volume liposuction. I...

I went through a large-volume liposuction. I recently had my whole body done, outpatient, over the course of 4 days (three weeks of surgery). I experienced leaking afterward which was expected (I drenched all the towels in my home). I also felt some pain during the procedure, and vomited after the assistant sat me up on 2 of the 4 days. I also vomited up the painkillers after taking them at home.

While I do notice differences in the shape of my body, I am disappointed thus far that there are no reductions in inches or on the scale. I'm really hoping that will change. It's been 18 days since my first procedure and two days since my last procedure. The doctor removed about 11 liters total off of my body (again, over the course of the four procedures in three weeks).

I have soreness, but it was not anything serious at all. In fact, I have not even needed painkillers (throwing them up the first time I took them after surgery was a bit of deterrence as well). My biggest problem is that I'm not seeing the results I was hoping for yet, and that is causing me some emotional distress. I read about depression in post-surgical patients, so I knew to expect this, but really how much longer do I need to wait before I see reductions in inches, especially in my waist/hips? I was a size 18 before the procedure, and tried to put on my pants today and they fit the same way they did before the procedures. :-( That was very depressing.

I would recommend the doctor because of his skill level, experience, and general personality. I have no issues with the actual folks who worked me through the procedure whatsoever. I'm just having doubts about the lack of results at this time.

I know you're 2 years post, but how did everything turn out for you? It's a tough surgery, but I'm so glad your doctor offered to do it again for free, I've heard of many that don't.
Honestly, the outcome is not what I anticipated. I'm still wearing the same size pants.

I have some weird bulges in places...I don't know that I would call the results an "improvement" over my previous self. I'm dealing with it, but I do think I might have been a bit "over promised."

The doctor isn't all too pleased with my results either. To the extent that he actually wants to redo the whole thing in April, after enough healing time has passed. For free.

I just don't know if I can go through it again, though. It was so hard on me physically, emotionally, and financially (even though it would be free, there's missing work, needing so much sleep, etc).

So...yeah.
How are you doing now? I had 4 separate procedures over the last 5 weeks and I too am impatient to see results. What is your outcome so far? thanks for sharing.

Hi -- Thanks for posting your review in our lipo community. Sounds like you had quite an aggressive surgery, so your lack of results so far might be due to swelling and fluid retention. Sometimes it can take a few months to see full results.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress! I hope things improve for you soon.