smartlipo and labiaplasty - Ohio

I am 24 years old and have struggled with the...

I am 24 years old and have struggled with the embarrassment of this problem since i have been a pre teen. It is extremely uncomfortable and makes me sad to even look at. I have never had a sexual partner who has ever commented in a negative way but honestly i think i have hid my lower body since puberty.i am excited to see the difference but like i said i am extremely nervous.

there are not very many reviews for labiaplasty on here so im not at all sure what to expect. I feel the same way about the smartlipo. there seem to be to be a lot of mixed reviews on here about smart lipo. i am only having it done on my mons pubis and lower abdomen.

When i was reading reviews for smart lipo it said that a lot of swelling is in the mons pubis but this is one of the main areas i need lipoed! i am very scared and nervous for both procedures and they are only a week away, i think i am more scared about feeling something during the surgery. Also, how i will feel afterwards. any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Paris -- How is your recovery going?

Good luck today Paris!! I hope all goes well!
Hello Paris!! I can totally understand what you're going through! I'm 25, and have the same problem, of always being embarrassed of my vag area. For me it was just the size of the mons, not the labia. And my boyfriend also never realized that I was embarrassed and didn't even think it looked "weird," like I felt it did. It still made me super self conscious and has for as long as I can remember, so just last week (on Tuesday!), I had smart lipo! I just had the mons done, not abdomen. My PS said that mine is actually not abnormal in size but since I'm so thin (5'4 and 115 lbs) it made it stick out more. If you have any questions please send me a message! I have before and after pics I could send you too, I just didn't have the courage to post them on here for everyone to see.

Everything has gone so well for me so far. On the first day there wasn't much swelling but the skin actually looked loose and a little saggy, that freaked me out a bit. But even by the end of the day the skin had firmed up a bit. The next day it was a tiny bit swollen, but already it looked sooooooo much better than before, I was so happy! I tried on all my swimsuits and cute undies :) Now as the days have gone on it is swollen, but nothing like I expected. I was expecting the worse, for it to be huge and bruised like I've read some girls are, but it's not too bad. And I just keep looking at the pics I took from day two and thinking that hopefully in a couple weeks it will look like that again!

Your procedure is going to be more complicated than mine since you're doing the labiaplasty too, but definitely email me with questions! Before my surgery I know I wished I had someone to talk to about it, but it seems not too many people have this problem! :) GOOD LUCK Paris!!
Hi Penny, I want this exact procedure done for the same reasons. My husband thinks its fine but I cant go to the beach or wear bike shorts without ppl staring and snickering. Can u send pics to me or give me some detailed feedback on the healing process? how long did it take to heal? Are you pleased with the results? How long till it looked like day 2? I would like to do this next week so I pray for a quick reply from you. Thanks a mil!

Welcome to RealSelf, Paris. Our Smart Lipo forum has some really helpful advice for preparation and recovery, so check it out if you get a chance. It's completely normal to be nervous but know that you're not alone in this and our community is here to support you. Ask any questions you need to and good luck on the 23rd. :)