Not Sure if I Should Do It. - Ohio

I've always thought about getting my nose done....

I've always thought about getting my nose done. Nothing drastic I was want a slightly smaller version of my current nose. I feel it's too large for my face. Some days it'll look OK but other days it looks super swollen and too big. I don't want a European style nose. I like the shape...Just not the mass...Please help!

You have a unique nose
You look great now just as you are. don't risk the chance of looking worse or feeling any regret. I just wanted a minor tweek to my nose and it changed my entire face for the worse. Read some "not worth it" reviews just so you can learn for yourself what can go wrong and it DOES happen. Nobody thinks that they will be the one to get a botched nose job. I went to a doctor with amazing credentials and awesome before and after pics yet somehow ended up with a horrible result. I wish I listened to the people who told me I was beautiful and didn't need it. I look at my old pictures and now I see what everyone else saw. I miss my pre op beautiful face and nose. Trust me, you don't want to live with regret. It's terrible.
Hi glamsauce, girl I wouldn't even be getting surgery done if I had your nose but understand where you're coming from with being satisfied yourself when others think you look nice. You're definitely in the right place to get answers-just a wealth of information to help you find your way. Good luck in your journey, take care..
Thanks so much...I appreciate the kind words. I've always considered it but ultimately I just reject it because I feared my face wouldn't be the same...I see noses make a world of difference lol
You're a pretty girl....good luck.
I think you're beautiful the way you are now! But I understand if it's something you are unhappy about. I just had a procedure done to partially address asymmetry with my nose, something you don't have. Mine resulted from an old injury to it. What I've been researching is that you have to be very selective with your surgeon. Make sure they have worked on African American noses, ask to see their work, etc. You are young, obviously, so don't rush in without careful consideration. Good Luck either way! Love your nose ring. Perfect spot for it!
Awww thank you so much :) I think it's my weight gain that changed my face. I'm going to wait it out and lose some weight. Maybe it'll be back to normal lol
Thank you for starting your story here on RealSelf. You're a very pretty girl! You might want to peruse the African American rhinoplasty community to find out what surgeons can best handle AA noses. It's super important to go with a doctor well versed in what you need. Also, here's a list of general questions to ask on your consultations.

Please keep us posted!
Awe thank you so much. That's something to definitely consider. I appreciate the Information!