Juvederm in Folds (Age 52) - A Dentist Did Mine - Beavercreek, OH

I would like to say I and totally happy but the...

I would like to say I and totally happy but the jury is still out. I chose a dentist because he numbs the area first so it was painless. He seemed to think my folds were extreme (I am only 52) especially on one side. He put 2 vials on that side! I look at it after 3 weeks now and it still is entirely too much. There are 2 lumps in the area. He put in less on the other side 1 and 1/4 That side looks and feels great. I believe he put in one vial too many on my face!

On my follow up he said he thought it looked just fine. He also said since I had a bit more than usual on that side to wait another week or so and the lump should be gone.

Now for the overall. I love and hate it. While I no longer have those folds(Woo Hoo) It looks like the space between my nose and top lip is pulled almost like a lioness. As though it was ironed. Honestly. I hope that also will go away.

Lastly when people see me now they say something is different about me. I look younger. When I tell them they all think it foolish to spend so much money. I agree that 3 plus teeny vials injected into the face for 10 minutes total for $1250 is ridiculous and I am sure the price will come down once doctors and drug companies see the high price is a deterent to people.

Ok I was asked to update. It has been 9 months...

Ok I was asked to update. It has been 9 months since I had it done and I do not think it was worth it at all. Everyone I told looked at me blankly. No "oh you look great" or "where did you get it done" Not even ONE!! No one would even lie! LOL I was told that what was being said was they saw no difference and I was robbed of that money.

I have been using colorstay foundation the last couple of weeks and NOW I am being told how beautiful I look!

I have been getting email from the dentist, of course I will not be repeating the treatment. I think I might try getting a chemical peel if I get anything else done.

I am always for doing whatever you want to do. Perhaps it will work out better for you.

Dr Charles Dean DDS

The doctor is a very nice man, but I think he is not an expert in this and for almost a year now i have been walking around with a lopsided face. He claimed he did not see it but it is MY face after all and I know how it is supposed to look. He has too much on his plate and should stick to doing teeth. He also does botox. He tries to be innovative(his staff wears different colored scrubs everyday)he is the only dentist there and he had many people seated at a time. He would run from room to room. I hear he is an excellent Dentist so please see him for your dental needs.

Thanks for the update, ohiogal. If you need help finding chemical peel providers, take a look at the Ohio Top Doctors directory. Everyone on the list is board-certified and their profiles also list reviews from other RealSelfers. Good luck! :)