So Glad I Finally Had my Mommy Makeover! - Ohio, OH

I have probably read every review for MM's on this...

I have probably read every review for MM's on this site over the past few months trying to work up the courage to go through with my surgery. So I suppose its time for my input and pictures to be added.
I'm the mom of 4 and have wanted this makeover since becoming a mom 14 years ago! I'm 5'9 and about 155 pounds. I'd like to lose a few pounds that I've put on since going back to work full time last year. I'm probably like most of you moms that desire this surgery; stretched out belly that doesn't respond to exercise and deflated breasts that don't resemble what they did before breast feeding. I recently divorced my husband and felt like I needed to finally do something for myself. My already low confidence took a major blow when my ex confessed to cheating on me. So this summer seemed like the perfect time. I had a very remorseful man that is still standing by my side to help, a mother that helps me so much with my kids and the paid time off from work waiting to be used.
I'm hoping when I'm all healed up and the results are visible, I'll be more confident and feel sexy in my own body. I don't want to hide behind push up bras and spanx anymore!

So one week ago, I had a tummy tuck with lipo of the tummy only and 475cc saline impants. My doctor didn't perform a breast lift, he said the implants alone may give me the lift I need. He did tell me I may need a lift but he prefers to do the two step process. As of 1 week PO, my breasts haven't dropped and fluffed much and they unfortunately have the snoopy deformity look. Not the look I wanted! He wants to wait awhile and see how things change, they may drop down and turn out ok after all. I love the results of the tummy tuck so far! Most of my stretch marks are gone and my stomach is so flat.

I'm surprised at how well I have felt during recovery. Don't be scared if you're apprehensive of the pain and recovery. The pain was not as bad as I expected it to be. In the first few days the incision burned, stomach muscles ached from being cinched together, the drains annoyed me were sore, my breasts were sore, I felt a lot of pressure on my chest, and my back hurt from walking bent over and hunched. I was mentally prepared for the worst and this didn't live up to me worst expectations! I stayed on top of my pain meds and had a pain pump implanted for the first 72 hours which I know helped (and probably my high tolerance for pain).
I needed a lot of help the first few days with everything. It was almost impossible getting up from the recliner, emptying my drains was even a chore and showering wouldn't of been possible on my own. I'm going to be forever grateful to my support system.
Well ladies good luck to all of you recovering or still waiting for your day!

Adding a few more pictures

I thought I'd add a couple more before pictures from the night before my mm and a few afters- at 9 days PO.
You will see my breasts have the snoopy look. The bottom of my breasts aren't filled out, they're soft and empty underneath. The implant should hopefully drop down into the pocket with the help of the strap I'm wearing 24/7. I'm holding onto hope that it all turns out or I'll get a lift in the next 6 months. I knew going into this there was a chance I would have to have it, so I'm not upset. Just not sure how I'll manage another recovery (time off work and help with kids).

hey bebe how are you feeling?
Looking good!!! :)
I am 6 weeks today and i still have the snoopy thing going on but not as bad as it was in the beginning I also did saline and trying to prevent a lift. I wear the strap at night and squeeze/massage daily. The right one is dropping faster than the left. At 4 weeks my ps said I could add in light arm exercises that might help them to settle so I have been doing that. I see him again next week and will see if he gives me anything else to do. I don't think I will go back under for the lift because even with the droop they are so much better
I see my dr monday and I hope he gives me more instructions....... so far he says just the strap ALL day. It's hard to hide under clothes! I have to be really creative at work!
Hang in there girl. ..check out my profilr to see how much.my boobs changed..you're gonna be fine :)
Thank you! And i hope so;-) they've changed a lot over 3 weeks so I'm still hopeful!
Bebe, I'm so glad to hear you did this for yourself after going through what you endured!! Good for you :). I think you look great at 9 days PO. Your nipples look like they were in a pretty good position pre op so I think you have a good shot at getting a good result without the lift. Your tummy looks so flat! YAY!
Thanks! I'm still in shock every time I look down. I haven't had a flat tummy for 14 years!
Enjoy your hot mama bod bebe, you deserve it :)
nice, who performed your surgery? how much as the cost. i rcvd an quote for 14,500
Thanks! Dr. Steven Schmidt. It was just under 10k
Myway here I'd a link I found that list cost by city that you might find helpful. http://www.realself.com/mommy-makeover/cost btw tho cost will vary with which procedures you choose to include+ your drs expertise+ and years of exp etc. - I'm in Houston TX I pd 12500 TT lipo hernia repair and BA with mentor silicone gel. My PS surgeon doesn't specialize in mommy make overs he specializes in facial scar moving revisions and breast reconstruction. I choose him due to my huge fear of the scar and have been 100% satisfied.
Amazing tummy results and very good review. About your breasts, do you have to wear a strap across the top to help them fall in place? I've read it takes awhile for the implants to settle. Did your mm boost self esteem & confidence for you? I don't even like to leave the house because I don't have anything to wear that I'm comfortable in. It's pathetic. I'm hoping this surgery will be life changing for the better.
Thank you! I am wearing the strap 24/7 for maybe 3 weeks. I hope this works because its a pain to wear and I'm not sure how I'll wear normal shirts when I go back to work next week;-/ I already feel my confidence rising. When I'm healed and back in normal clothes (not having to hide the drain or bra strap) i'll know for sure.
You look great so far! Gove the swelling some time. I am 2 2ks po tommeow and omg yes it has totally boosted my seld esteem. I had stomach muscle seperation of 3.5 inches yet no stretch markas from pregnancoes so i really was concerned witth the scar but i am so pleased. I look and feel amazong granted the first few days wrre hell. I too wear a strap but only at night - my ps advosed me to take valium,nightly and the syrap would alllow to push down as the muscles were completl relaxed. Btw forgive all my typos im currently medicated ;)
Thank you! That is a great idea with the meds & strap at night! That would suit my lifestyle so much more. I really don't want to go to work bra less!
Lol neither would I - he said use for me to use the muscle relaxer at night and hydrocodone for daily pain control. Plus if your not on the vallum already it totally relaxes me and I'm asleep in 15-30 min Max no pain from strap at all! And only 2 w PO I can see they are slowly dropng already.
I'm going to ask when I see him next week to take my last drain out. This strap is irritating to wear 24/7 and I don't see a huge drop from all this time using it!
you look absolutely amazing. look at that nice little silhouette I'm glad for you. I wish my drain tubes would have been closer to my incision my surgeon put them down in the upper thy in your legs, which made it really hard for pants ,shorts or anything else. glad to see on the flat side.
Thank you! I'm starting to feel a little bit amazing;-) I have one drain remaining until next week.I cannot wait to be free! i cannot imagine having one low lik yours, sounds way worse. sorry

Thank you SO much for sharing your experience. I love this pay-it-forward community we have here. Your tummy looks amazing! Please keep us updated as you continue to heal.

Thank you!