Finally Scheduled! Nervous! - Ogden, UT

I am a mother of three beautiful children, my...

I am a mother of three beautiful children, my youngest is now 5. I have been wanting to get a tummy tuck for at least 4 years, I gained a lot of weight from pregnancies, but worked my butt off to lose it all. Now I am a marathon runner.

I am 5'4 and weigh 120 on a good day, 125 on a bad one. I am at my goal weight, but I have this saggy pooch that distroys my confidence everyday. I had a breast lift and augmentaion a few years ago and I love my results. Now the final step to my goal is a tummy tuck. I just want to be able to sit down without tucking my stomach into my jeans.

I finally scheduled my surgery for Feb 5th, I am excited and terrified. One of the obstacles I face is that I am a recovering addict, so narcotic pain meds are not on the treatment plan for me. I am worried about how much pain I will be in. I do think runners have a higher tolerance for pain, so I am hopeful.

I consulted with about 6 plastic surgeons, I wanted to make sure I was in the right hands. They all have their own opinions. They all said I was a perfect candidate for this surgery and that my results would look great. I would say half recommended lipo on my hips and the other half said I didn't need it. It's a tough call because I feel like I need it, but I know I am my own worst critic. The ones that said I need it are the ones charging an extra $1500-$2000 to do it, which I can't really justify.

The doctor I ended up scheduling with said I don't need, but he does lipo with the procedure if it is needed. So he said he would take what he can and isn't charging extra or extending my scar. I can't wait to get this done! These next two weeks are gonna go by slow!

Jeremy Rinard

Dr. Rinard is located in a Dermatology office inside the hospital that a friend mine goes to. I didn't know he was there until she told me. I was trying to consult with as many docs as it took so went and saw him twice. Out of the 6 doctors that I saw I just felt most comfortable with him. I tried looking him up on the internet, but couldn't really find any reviews or anything so I was nervous. I knew I really liked him though so I went back for a second consult with him after seeing a few more doctors. He is a little newer, but I wouldn't have though that by the way he talks to me. Some doctors I saw were so technical about the procedure I felt like I might have a pop quiz after. Dr. Rinard just talked about it on my level and it felt like he was more on the surgical (art) side rather than technical. If that makes since? I didn't have to wait long at all. He was very professional. Answered all of my questions and wasn't in a rush. He made me feel comfortable and confident, which is not easy standing there with my shirt off having someone is staring at my stomach. My surgery is on Feb 5th. I will post more after. :)

Welcome to the community!   We will all be here to help you through the recovery process.  You sound tough so I am sure you will be fine.

Looking forward to hearing from you through your journey.