lost 4 months of my life after having botox for migraines - Ogden, UT

After suffering over 38 years with Chronic...

After suffering over 38 years with Chronic Migraines I decided to try Botox for Migraines. I had tried literally EVERYTHING there is for chronic pain. I have found the most compassionate doctor I have ever had (and I have lived all over the US). He suggested Botox after I had had 3 ablations over 3 years. The ablations are the only thing that had ever worked but only lasted up to 7 months each time and they are extremely painful. Within days after having Botox injections all over my head and neck, I begin to get weaker and weaker. By weeks end I couldn't lift my arms or walk across the floor, my throat closed up and I developed a kidney infection. Then, about a week into it my husband took me to the Urgent care, my blood pressure was 74/52 and I could barely breath. They took one look and sent me to the ER. They ran every test there was on my heart because I had started having palpitations really irratically. I was put in the hospital and they continuted to run tests. My heart was perfect (I had never had problems with my heart before) but after wearing a monitor for a week they discovered I was in A-Fib 73% pf the time. I was sent to the U of U to a Cardiologist, he put me on two medications to ontrol the A-Fib. He said that if it was the Botox it would wear off in 3 - 4 months. It finally did and I was taken off the meds. My precious doctor called the manufacturer of Botox and reported it, I talked to them several times. They told me there was a report of kidney problems but not heart... I really think that many many people have had heart problems with it but do not relate it to the Botox. I was literally on my back for 4 solid months. Botox has made no moves to compensate me for my loss of time or even sent an apology. I would advise anyone that asks NEVER to put that poison into their bodies... frightening to think that so many do it for beauty... CRAZY.
Dr, Christian Obah

Dr. Obah is the most compassionate doctor I have ever known. I have suffered for 38 years and lived all over the country until we retired here in Utah. He is SO amazing. He won't give up until he can relieve his patients... he is tireless. He is a pain specialist and anesthesiologist. Great man.

Thank you for sharing your story.  Do you mind me asking what ablations are?

Ablations is where the doctor (guided by xray) guides needles into the oxcipital nerves and burns them. Afterwards my neck is extremely sore for a long time, but seriously I did not have a headache for 7 months at a time. The nerves grow back slowly. After the ablations I jumped around like a 10 yr old... after seeing the world through constant headaches for so long it was the most amazing feeling I have ever had. I highly recomment it, painful neck is nothing like the headaches.

Wow, yeah, 7 months is a long time to get relief! That is great it worked so well for you!