Hated the Results, Hated the Experience

I just got a blue peel 5 days ago, and I am so...

I just got a blue peel 5 days ago, and I am so upset over the lack of results. I am 53 years old and my skin always looked good until menopause a few years ago.

Now I have blotchy skin on my face. I tried IPL last year with no success, so my doctor talked me into the blue peel. I had 2 layers applied.

The first was stingy but not too bad, and the second layer was applied in sections and was pretty stingy, but only lasted a minute or two. I only peeled under my eyes and cheekbones (and when I say peeled, I mean a very thin layer). My forehead, chin and upper lip flaked, but the bulk of my lower cheeks never felt tight & they never flaked or peeled.

The bottom line is that I am extremely disappointed and will have my follow up in 2 days - you can be sure that I am going to complain loud and clear - so we'll see what happens.

I had my peel on 9/11/08. I did not get the results i had wanted. Lost some freckles in the process but it appears i am growing them back! Its hard to avoid the sun in Florida. It did not get deep enough on my forehead and I mostly peeled on the upper cheekbones/crowsfeet area, and just below the corners of the mouth/chin area. Did nothing for my mid face (cheeks). I paid $800 for the procedure and would not recommend it at that price! I will save up for laser next time.
Hi Katie- I hope you are feeling better. Have you noticed any changes yet? Were you on Obagi before the blue peel? I heard that makes a big difference in the results. please let me know. thank you
I had the Obagi blue peel done a week ago today. 4 layers is what my doctor said my skin could handle for acne scarring and sun damage. Well I did not peel and I actually think my scarring looks worse. So very disappointed and would not recommend this to anyone for my condition. I want my $500 back!! I hardly felt any pain, did not swell, ooze, or even flake. Was it really just blue paint on my face? Ughhh another treatment that did not work...
I think the peel takes longer to show results but i am concerned that my lower checks are not tight - nor are they going to peel. I had two layers done. I thought it was exceptionally painful. I find it to be painful still.
Im one day out my first Obagi Blue peel. Feeling pretty tight, especially around the eyes. Look tired but not "blue". Was not told how many layers i had. Interesting. Will recheck next week. Let the peeling begin!!!! :I
Thanks for the comment. I know other RealSelf readers would love to hear more about your story. Please consider writing a review. Click here to write about your experience with Obagi.