Obagi Blue Peel for Italian/olive Skin Tone

I am Italian with olive skin tone, capable of...

I am Italian with olive skin tone, capable of getting a deep tan so I know my skin is versatile. I have read about peels on lighter skin tones and differing results with them. I had an Obagi blue peel two months ago in my doctor’s office. The literature from Obagi said this was better than at-home kits, more professional, better results. I had some dark spots and also wanted to reduce fine lines around my eyes - what you usually expect from any peel. The peel was pretty easy, I admit. It was nice being in my doctor’s hands and not needing to worry about mixtures of this or egg timers or this and that. I left with a bag full of Obagi products (surprise!), Obagi sunscreen, Obagi Nu-Derm, and instructions on what to do. Obagi, Obagi, Obagi...! Good salesmanship, I realized later (I think my doctor even gets a cut of it). In a few days I started peeling in spots but not evenly. I had stubborn areas, under my eyes especially, that turned dark but wouldn’t peel. I waited for a week but it never happened so I phoned my doctor. He prescribed a combination of creams to apply to soften the skin and make it peel. No dice. I never did peel parts of my face and I have blotchiness under my eyes and on my cheekbones... not what I had in mind at all. Obviously at this juncture I know this is not correctable, at least not unless I go for another peel or use another system. It’s horrifying the way I look now... worse than when I started, when I had some blotchiness but not this dark. On top of that, the areas I needed to peel for fine lines never did peel, so Obagi’s system did nothing for those either. I feel as if I was sold a bunch of products but there is nothing behind them. I received no guarantee, nothing, only promises that this was better than at-home kits I see everyone else using successfully.

the patch test was done on small are my upper back.
I have been using Obagi Blender + retino and Clear sometimes. not consistently using it on daily basis as I was advised. I have not seen major improvement. few years ago I did a ptach test at a doctor office in CA and it worked ok. it removed the dark pigmentation. I had to leave California and live in different state now. Still wondering if I should fly back to California and do the procedure with the same doctor?
thanx u help me decide. i am indian. i am not going for blue peel as results might not be as promised moreover it cost £1400 in UK. i think nu derm would be better for now.
It is good to do your research before getting any procedure. I got an Obagi Blue peel 5 days ago just one layer ($250.00) and my face is peeling almost evenly. I was given any prep for it the only instruction I got was to not do anything harsh to my skin a week before my procedure and the only thing recomended was a $29.00 kit wich included mild skin cleanser and moisturizer. And they held the recomendations for further skin care until after the results of this peel,which makes total sense. All depends on how lucky you get finding a place that won't push products up your throat.
About a year ago, I had one Obagi green (called blue) peel on my face after I checked the doctors on list for OBAGI Blue peel. I had to take 10 days off from work and I was told not to use any moisturizer. No peeling but flaking, blue came off after one week. I was not supposed to scrub but the doctor told me "you have not removed the blue yet so I had to be hard with my face. ut is was not softdue to lack of peeling so it did not matter much. Anyway, there was NO BENEFIT at all but used up my vacation time and money for this. Then, the same doctor advised IPL etc but all useless. Then, two days ago, I went to another reputed OBAGI doctor who put OBAGI green peel on upper arm and I was suposed to start peeling the next day for 10-15 days but no peeling and on 3rd day, the skins is like I had before peel - NO BENEFIT but ended up for applying for sick time to avoid sun and in case it starts peeling at work but in vain and all worrisome. OBAGI products may be good for washing face and Clear for lighening the skin but othewise not good........expensive.... It is important that my name and email address are not shared publicly and I do not have time to respond to emails and take the stress - enough stress for the above.
I am sorry to hear your sad story. I had 5 Obagi Blue Peels... Sounds by your description you did not have the blue peel.. First, the applications is very painful when applied. Your whole face is BLUE from the chemical for at least 5-6 days. You must moisturize twice a day. In about the 7-8 days the blue is off..you can apply makeup & sun screen VERY important. The results have been great great for my old acne scars & wrinkles.. I am pleased with my results. Perhaps you picked the wrong Doctor. Take care.
did your idiot doctor put you on the prep prgram first? sounds lke he did not and so I am not surprised at the results you had!it might still really help you now, to even out your troubles..I would find another derm to prescribe..