Haven't Started Yet - Oakland, CA

Googled around and seemed like Invisalign is the...

Googled around and seemed like Invisalign is the best product available for invisable aligers. I'm going with Invisalign over braces because it isn't as ugly, isn't as painful, doesn't require as many office visits, and is less likely to lead to tooth decay. There's a competitor "Clear Correct" but couldn't see any advantage there, apparently its a little cheaper but its hard to get prices without going into people's offices and they like to charge consultation fees. I'd guess its 15% cheaper so if you need to save $500 look into it.

The price can vary WILDLY.

$2,900 is the cheapest I've found so far but the dentist doesn't have great reviews on yelp so I may not go with him&her. Other prices are as high as $6,500. My gut is $4,000 is a fair price, and will depend on how long you need the treatment. You may also need additional work done that will affect the cost, such as extractions.

It seems like theres a lot of weird information out there about different offerings but from what I can tell there's only one Invisalign, and you have to do tops & bottoms. You can possibly get "invisalign express" if your teeth are already pretty straight for about 60% of the normal cost but I've only seen this mentioned here and there.

General dentists can do invisalign but I think it'd be better to go with an orthodontist unless you have a line on a very good dentist. Be cautious and ask a lot of questions, see if you can get before & afters of former patients. Don't use anyone that hasn't done the procedure before.

The other good news is that many providers offer 0% financing, so if you want to get started now rather than waiting til you have the cash, you should be able to do it.

Hi guys, just posting an update.

I have not found a good provider. They seem to fall into two camps:

Providers with HORRIBLE ratings on yelp that will do Invisalign for a low price ($3000-$3500)....but the ratings are so bad I'm scared to try them.

Providers with GREAT ratings that seem to overcharge ($5000+), but even worse, they charge for an initial consultation ($50-$100) and try to get you to in for this consult before they reveal their pricing. Pretty unscrupulous.

And "providers" seem to be mostly dentists, not orthodontists, strangely enough.

Anyway I'm going to look around a little more, I haven't explored this website much yet but looks like its really taking off.

Like Megan said above, It does sound like you have done a lot of research which will pay off in the end.

Wishing you luck on your treatment using the orthodontic appliance Invisalign.

If there's anything you need help with regarding Invisalign feel free to message me and I will do my best to help with any questions that you need answered.

If you'd prefer to speak to a professional you may also do so by submitting questions to the "Ask a doctor" section of the website.

Definitely sounds like you have been doing your research! Well done!!

Make sure to double check that everything is included in the costs you are being quoted, all record appointments (which include x-rays, photos & molds of your teeth), refinements if needed, retainers, etc.

Let us know when you get started - want to hear how things are going for you! :)

Oakland Green Dental (Hamid)