Forehead reduction surgery! exellent doctor! great success! - Oakland, CA

My forehead was pretty high! I have to cover it up...

My forehead was pretty high! I have to cover it up everyday. I looked old and awful in pictures because of my HUGE forehead.

I did a lot of research, talked to people who had done this procedure. There are only a few doctors that perform this procedures in my area and I did not like any of them after consultation. I had to fly to Oakland to have the surgery by the BEST doctor Kabaker!

I decided to lower my forehead about 1 inch because I don't want to have a really low forehead and also people won't notice as much. The surgery wasn't bad at all. The first night was painful but I was able to fly back the next morning. I bruised just a little tiny bit on my temple, but was able to cover up with my bangs. I went back to work on the next Monday, which is the fifth day after the surgery with a head band and no one even know. A week after the surgery I had my stiches removed and I didn't have to wear the head band. I was able to cover up the scar with my hair.
Today is exactly a month after my surgery and I feel great!! the top part of my head is still numb but it is nothing. The scar is healing very well. I have to look very closely to be able to see it. My friends told me that I look younger! I am super happy about my decision to have this surgery.

Forehead Reduction

I wish I had it a little lower. I'm still happy about the result!

Exactly 1 month after surgery

8 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY

I am so very happy with my result!!! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself :-) I wish I did it a little lower but I am totally HAPPY!!! Here are the pictures

more 8 months pic

more pics
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose doctor Kabaker because of the great reviews online. I searched everywhere online and could not find a single bad review about him. I even ordered his credentials report and it looked perfect. He is the most experience one because he had done this procedure on many many patients. He has many pictures and articles about this procedure. Doctor Kabaker was super nice and caring. I trusted him right a way the moment I met and talked to him. He is not like other doctors I have met that are arrogant and pushy. He is very informative. He took time to explain and show me pictures making sure that I really want to have the procedure done. The most important thing is that my scar is healing great now! HE HAS THE HEALING HANDS :)The staff are wonderful too!! They are super nice! They don't charge me extra for the medicine or stupid tests like other office. He's very good with responding to my email and calls after the surgery. I am very happy I chose the right doctor. I would totally recommend doctor Kabaker to anyone!!

Thanks for sharing your review, very interesting :-)
hey! I am getting this done on June 9th and wanted to know if you have any updates and if you specifically asked for this amount of lowering? thanks!
Hi good luck with ur surgery. Would love to hear from you after the procedure.
I am posting a review as we speak :)
Could this lift the brows too?
How do u feel now? Could he hv lowered it up to 2 inches if u wanted to? I'm pretty scared to do this:(
It is the BEST decision I have ever made!!! I can barely see the scar! Other people could not tell. I totally recommend this procedure!!!! I love my face now :)
Have you had any hairloss/shedding on the top of your head? This is the only thing I'm worried about, hairloss due to shock. It's been 8 months for you, so if you haven't had any hairloss, then you won't. I'm also getting the FUE to hide the scar & round out the hairline.
How visible is the scar when you have your hair pulled back in a bun or a ponytail? Do you have to put concealer on it? I would love to see a close up pic of the scar with your hair pulled back if that's possible, it would really be helpfull as it's the one thing I am scared about.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Anyone here knows if this doctor do the traditional forehead lift? That mean cutting from ear to ear to pull the skin smooth??
Just call him!
I too went to Dr. Kabaker 7 weeks ago, and I am long my results. Saneez, it depends on the size and scalp laxivity before surgery to if he does one step or 2 step, my surgery was a 1 step and I have a 2.7 cm reduction
Was your scalp really loose before the surgery? Mine is tight as hell lol I heard of some exercises to loosen the scalp. Still I wanna know if I can get as much as 2.7 like you with a tight scalp.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Deb, what the hell is wrong with you?! Can you please decrease your hostility and insults? This is not the place for this kind of behavior.
does he do this with a one step procedure? because I don't trust the expander
He is very good! I am sure he can do the one step procedure. Just give him a call
Hope!
He does. but I only have an inch lower. you should come see him.
We're there any side effects or any unusual feeling sensation u had? I plan to have the procedure by next year.

Thank you so much for writing up your review on your forehead lift! I'm glad you're happy with your results.