Worse Scarring?! - New Zealand

I had just a couple of small acne scarring and...

I had just a couple of small acne scarring and hyperpigmentation before. After however I now have alot more visible scarring + hyperpigmentation on my left cheek. It has been 5 weeks. Is it too soon to say whether the new scarring is permanent or should I wait longer for the collagen remodeling etc. It's causing me self-esteem problems :(

after five weeks bad results so far no improvement just more pigmentation+scarring

Hi diondee hi have had exactly the same problem. I have just had some superficial scars, that I think only i could see. But I decided to get a rf pixel treatment to give my skin a smoother look. after the first treatment there was not much difference but after the second treatment (which was also more powerful) my scars is much more visible. Its like the new collagen has grown up omrking my scars: (I've stopped the treatment and went to a real dermatologist who said it was the worst thing I could do. I am so sad. My dermatologist says however that the collagen will decrease over time and it will smooth itself out. I hope .... How do your scars look now?
Kind regards
Sofie from Denmark
*around my scars
Hi sofie. How is your skin now? I have the same problem and I am getting diff stories from derms about this. I hope it did smooth out. It seems the only ppl that will be truthful about this stuff r the ones who go thru it. Thank u. Leona

HI dion,

I'm so sorry,t hat is not good at all. Have you gone back and asked your doctor if you need another treatment or if something can be done?

Thanks,