be aware - New Zealand

I had an upper blethroplasty procedure as my...

I had an upper blethroplasty procedure as my eyelids were a little droopy, in particular my right eye. Surgery went well and I had no post op pain and minimal bruising on my left eye, a little more on my right eye. As it was the week before Christmas, my surgeon used absorbable sutures (braided vicryl). I did have a reaction on day 3 to the chlorsig eyecream and had to stop using it.
2 weeks after surgery, my sutures didnt look anywhere near to dissolving and were starting to irritate my eyes and in my opinion, hindering healing. I managed to get hold of the surgeon on Jan 3rd and he removed the sutures... a little sore i must say.
I was going back to work on the 7th jan and it was still rather obvious that I had had surgery however I used a little make up and tried to cover up being careful as I didnt want to cause an infection. Too bad because I woke up one morning and my right eye was inflamed, 2 days later it had a nasty lump on it. My surgeon is away so I have been putting a hydrogen peroxide cream on it and today it finally burst! So hopefully it is on its way to healing now and I will not be putting makeup on it for a few weeks. Everyone at work has notice my eye and seeing as I had taken a few days off before Christmas, I feel certain some of them know what I have had done.
My left eye is looking great and healing as I would expect.
My advice would be to NOT have absorbable sutures for an upper eyelid lift as I thought these would disappear in a week or so and if you have a procedure done, make sure you have your surgeons cell phone number so you can call him if need be. As I live in a small city of 50000, there are not too many of these surgeons around and so maybe having a procedure done around Christmas is not such a good idea.
I dont want to name my surgeon as I dont think it is relevant to most people on this site and also the cost is in NZ dollars as this page wont let me amend if from US dollars
Dr Bob

My surgeon was lovely although he could have explained a little more about the absorbable sutures. He was happy to see me even though the clinic was closed for holidays although, I could have called him sooner as I found out he was on call the previous 2 days.

So you think the makeup was the reason you got the infection?  I can change the price for you to reflect US dollars if you want, or you are welcome to leave it as is.
Yes Im pretty certain make up caused it, as it can be full of germs and the nurse did warn me against using it too early. Be great if you could put into NZ dollars, thanks.
Yeah makeup can be iffy.  Such a bummer.  I can't put the price into NZ dollars, but if it cost 3700 in NZ I can figure out what the US equivalent is and update it to be that.
I thought the surgeon would have known that! Im not putting concealer anywhere near it till fully healed. Nevermind but It was 3100 not 3700 NZ. Thanks