Worse Than Before - New York, NY

I went to a medspa and had a YAG treatment on the...

I went to a medspa and had a YAG treatment on the spider veins in my legs. It hurt so badly, like a burning hot poker, and you can smell your skin burning---but I wouldn't have cared if I looked better.

My spider veins turned magenta/purple. I know that they are supposed to look worse before they get better and are reabsorbed by the body, but the whole process is supposed to take 8-10 weeks at the most. It's been 12 weeks and they look dark and nasty and show no signs of reabsorption or fading. I guess I'll have to get sclerotherapy next, bc there is no way I'll risk looking even worse than this.

Btw, it wasn't the skill of the tech. She also had done two smoothbeam treatments for me to get rid of rosacea and they worked really well (did not hurt as badly, but had numbing cream applied beforehand, which she would not allow for the vein treatment).

I just think people should know that there is a possibility that spider veins can look way worse from this treatment.

The veins still look terrible. She said I couldn't use numbing cream because of blood circulation. I would avoid, if I were you and get sclerotherapy.

Thanks for the added info. Sorry the veins still look bad.

-Britt

Hi PSB00,

So where are you now with the veins, are they still looking dark and not going away? Did you go back and ask why it didn't work. I always wondered if it hurt, so your review is good to know that answer. I wonder why you could not have any numbing cream. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

The provider wasn't the problem, it was the laser. She did both a peel and a different laser treatment on me and I had no adverse reactions from either of those. I think I just didn't respond well to this laser.