Mohs Surgery - Right on the Nose! New York, NY

When I found out that I had a basal cell carcinoma...

When I found out that I had a basal cell carcinoma on the tip of my nose (yes, the worst possible location you can imagine), I started researching qualified Mohs-procedure surgeons. Every road led to Dr. Hale, and I now know why. Yes, Dr. Hale has all the wonderful characteristics mentioned in other reviews - thorough, concerned, professional, kind, and more.

But beyond these factors, Dr. Hale is an incredibly skilled surgeon. In my case, the Mohs procedure required the doctor to carve out a hole in my nose (slightly larger than the diameter of cigarette burn), which then needed to be stitched up in a fashion that would leave minimal scarring. As you can imagine, I was absolutely terrified, and also convinced that there was no way my nose would ever heal from such an invasive procedure.

Dr. Hale (and her equally kind, attentive and professional staff) did an absolutely outstanding job on my Mohs procedure. She explained every step in the procedure as we went along, gave me options where relevant, and operated both thoroughly and quickly. Dr. Hale made very sure that she removed all of the dangerous cells, while also protecting the healthy tissue wherever possible. Ultimately, she had to create several significant incisions to repair the site of the damage, and very skillfully manipulated the skin to close the hole.

At this point (2 months later), I'm still healing, but I have no doubt that I will have no scarring at all. Dr. Hale has generously offered laser treatments, which will continue to reduce the scarring. But in reality, most people don't even notice the scar - I could happily live with it as is.

I am incredibly grateful to Dr. Hale, for tackling a scary surgery in a very highly visible location. I've vowed to bake brownies to thank her, but for now, this review will have to suffice!
New York Dermatologist

Top notch surgeon. I would trust Dr. Hale 100% with any dermatological procedure - medical necessity or cosmetic. See notes above.

Thanks for sharing your story. That is the worst place I could imagine having BCC. Do you mind sharing pics? I'd love to see how your healing is going.

Thanks in advance!