Juvederm Ultra for Acne Scars - New York, NY

I've now had Juvederm injected twice for...

I've now had Juvederm injected twice for rolling acne scars on my cheeks. It makes a tremendous difference. The first time it was just regular juvederm which lasted about 2 months and cost $500. The second time I got jevederm ultra which was about 4 months ago. There is still some improvement but I am thinking of going in soon for another round. I have to say I think it looks WAY better with the juverderm. It's not that my skin in flawless now, but I am way less self-conscious about the scars and they are way less noticeable. There was light bruising at the injection site and a few lumps in some places, but I was able to go into work immediately following the appointment and cover everything up with a little make-up. I definitely plan on using juvederm again and again.

I liked the doctor. The first time he let me return to use the rest of my syringe at no cost. I assumed this was the norm, but when I returned to use the rest of my second syringe, he wanted to charge me. I am mostly going back because I know he does a good job, not because I think he is especially considerate or anything.

I am also living in New York City and in need of a good doctor. Could you post the one you went to?

We leave it optional for community members to share who they went to for their treatment, as not everyone is comfortable sharing that information.

If you are needing to find a doctor in New York you can click on the Find a Doctor tab near the top of the page. You can search by area, then narrow your search either by the procedure you want to have done or by specialist. You will be able to read reviews of that doctor, see their answers to Q&As, and read their profiles. Hopefully that gives you enough info to decide if they are someone you would like to consider seeing for your treatment.

Hope that helps!

Hi dli,

I'm so happy your self confidence is back up that is so important. You probably feel like a whole new person. Did you notice a difference between how the regular Juvederm worked and the Juvederm Ultra?

-Britt