Awful - New York City

I had this procedure ten years ago for acne scars...

I had this procedure ten years ago for acne scars in New York City. If you have done a lot of research on fat injections, you probably know the doctor's name but I do not feel comfortable naming him here. Apparently he has a number of disgruntled former patients who have posted on the web, and I really don't want to get involved in that. I just want to share my experience with the treatment in general.

It was horrendous. Pain was not too bad but recovery time--ugh. I had a horribly misshapen face for at least six weeks afterward. When I called my doctor four days after the surgery to see if I could come in so he could check on whether my swelling was normal (there was so much of it) he said no, that I should go to the emergency room if I had a problem. My face finally did get back to mostly normal, though the fat injections puffed out the lower part of my face for several years afterward. And the acne scars? The fat did nothing for them. I highly advise against this procedure. It sounds great in theory, but even if you go to the so-called best in the field, it's very unpredictable.