5 Days Post OP! Tummy Tuck and Lipo Sculpture

I am a 27 y/o mother of three...I am 5'6 and was...

I am a 27 y/o mother of three...I am 5'6 and was 118 before my 1st child. after my 1st pregnancy I was left with a small umbilical hernia, stretch marks and abdominal seperation. with each subsequent pregnancy these issues worstened. I have a very strenous job that requires I am in shape. No matter what i did the cosmetic issues could not be resolved.

I began researching the tummy tuck procedure years ago. I knew what i was getting into and what to expect from the procedure..regaurdless of how much i told myself this I was still taken back by the size of my scar.

I had the procedure last friday and woke up nauseated from the anesthesia, but not in pain. I only felt discomfort when i was dry heaving and my muscles were pulling..i have since learned a pillow should be in place when sneezing, coughing vomiting, laughing..after i was given anti nausea meds i was ok..i actually did'nt require pain meds untill the next day and that was only because i was sore from the lipo sculpture. standing really sucked, because of nausea..still no pain just felt beat up..*note walking and drinking lots of water helps. day one @ home (ugh) could'nt find a comfy position to lay in and yes, i was STILL nauseated..unfortunatly i vomited...VERY PAINFUL!I realized my nausea was caused by my pain meds, i discontinued them and began to take an NSAID. This worked just fine for me!

The drains are a pain in the butt, but they are very important! be sure that you are charting how much is being drained..color and etc (foul oder *red flag*) .. by today they were both draining abt 10ml each so they were removed 2 todays post op visit... today was also the 1st time i had the courage to look down..and oh boy...my belly button is BACK!!!! but, the scar is huge and i wanted to cry..fyi the drain removal did NOT feel nice! lol..

Over all i would say my expierience has been an emotional rollercoaster but i have had a great support system,no significant pain and a great Dr. i DO not regret my decision...if you are considering this procedure please do your research and have realistic expectations.. also try to be in shape @ the time of the procedure it will help in your recovery process

I am trying to find the name of your doctor but cannot,what is her first name? I need a doctor that can deal with me having a hernia.
Glad you're on the road to recovery! Keep us updated.
congrats on your TT, i wish you all the luck. i too had it done this past Saturday and fully understand all that you said, when i saw the scar i too felt like omg its long. but it didnt bother me as much because it can not be seen when i wear underwear so compared to the stomach i had i will take my scar any day. so when you get down about your scar just remember how your tummy use to look and how your scar is a small price to pay for how great you look and feel now. keep your head up and again congrats on the new you.
Dr. Premenger

She is a mom,so many dr's are impersonal.. she made me feel beautiful and comfortable and did not treat me like a number.