Chin & Midface Implant to Balance out Profile - New York, NY

Extremely happy with the results. Suffered from a...

Extremely happy with the results. Suffered from a protruding mouth. Had profile surgery, which included a chin implant, midface implant, and two on opposite sides of my nose. I am now 10 days postop and still have swelling. The only bad part was some tingling and waiting for my stitches to heal. Another difficult thing was transitioning back into the real world because family said I looked extremely different.

CONGRATULATIONS! So glad to hear that you're very pleased with results. You can really see the difference between your before and after pics! Looks very good! :-)
Thanks a lot

Chin Implant = Increased Confidence

Should have done it sooner.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Amazing how everything else changes

It's crazy how people say my nose and lips also look different as well, just by improving my profile.

Congratulations on your results. I have quite the same issue you had, what size of implant did you used?
Not sure what size my surgeon used but I trusted his judgement and he used his expertise to know what the right balance was. Like i mentioned, I also had three mid face implants because just having a chin implant would not have got the same results.
You look great, glad you got what you were hoping for, happy healing!

Progress

Four days post op

Today....3 weeks post op. Before & after

Great results, i didnt even know u can have implants on the sides of your nose. Are you talking about the nasolabial fold area? & what is midface implant? Is that similar to cheek implants?
Looks great.
Thanks a lot

1 month post op appointment

Just went in for my one month post op appointment. Everything has gone smooth with my recovery and I pray that it continues to go smoothly. Still getting compliments on my new facial balance. Everyone just says I look different, just don't know why.

4 weeks after

Post op....4 weeks

I sent you a message asking some questions; I'd love to hear from you. You look wonderful and I'm glad the surgery went well.
Your results are beautiful ! But there's a better surgery for people with protruding mouth called two jaw surgery its more pricey theres also a cheaper one I think its called bimaxillary set back both ways the doctor can also slide your natural chin foward while they fix the protruding mouth for even better results and both ways actualy fix the problem instead of concealing it with implants if its to pricey in the US alot of people go to south korea for half the price
Hi. Can I ask who administers this surgery? Plastic surgeons or dental surgeons? Is there someone that does this in New York?

4 months post op

Sorry for the late update and response guys. The only thing I am having issues with right now is getting mentally used to my new implant. Sometimes I even forget I had it done.

4 months post op

Sorry about the late updates and responses guys. I've been doing great since my surgery. Sometimes I even forget I had it done. The only thing that has been difficult is getting used to my chin mentally.

You look absolutely wonderful and I am so glad to find you! I have the same problem. I'm trying to minimize my mouth protrusion and have been looking into various options to do this. I've looked into two-jaw surgery but it seems very evasive considering that, like you, I don't have functional issues with my jaws. I've also considered implants but the idea of having foreign objects under my skin makes me a bit hesitant. However, your results are definitely an inspiration. I'm currently investigating fillers. Did you ever consider using fillers before your surgery?
Congrats! You results are amazing. The chin takes forever to heal,i would get tingling sensations and it was tight when i stretched my neck back but eventually it healed properly. Enjoy the new you! :)
I think you did the right thing. Of course you look different...that is what you wanted. I'm sure your family will adjust and hardy notice it within a month or two. You look beautiful and much more balanced features now.

7 months post op

7 months post op, forget I even had it done.

New York Plastic Surgeon