After 6 Months, Very Satisfied with Results - New York, NY

I'm a 22 year old caucasian male who has struggled...

I'm a 22 year old caucasian male who has struggled with acne for almost 10 years. It left some obvious scarring on both of my cheeks and temples. I underwent the Mixto laser in early December of last year, and then opted to do a Fraxel treatment (my dermatologist offered me a deal) two months later, in early February of 2013. I've waited till now to post so that I knew I was seeing the full effects of the treatments. Overall, I am very pleased that I did it. My skin stil has some scarring, but it is lighter and less noticeable. I also started using retin a (tretinoin gel) - though not right before or right after the procedure - and I think the retin a really helped my skin continue to produce collagen and soften the scars. I definitely recommend Retin a to be used in conjunction with this treatment (though again, not during, directly before or directly after). I also recommend PATIENCE. I wasn't satisfied until fairly recently, and this is more than 5 months after my initial laser treatment. So wait. Be kind to your skin. Stay hydrated, and wear quality sunscreen religiously. and hopefully your results will be as good as mine.
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Expensive and car-salesman-like, but seemingly competent. I was satisfied with the treatment overall, so I consider him to be good.