After 6 Months, Very Satisfied with Results - New York, NY

I'm a 22 year old caucasian male who has struggled...

I'm a 22 year old caucasian male who has struggled with acne for almost 10 years. It left some obvious scarring on both of my cheeks and temples. I underwent the Mixto laser in early December of last year, and then opted to do a Fraxel treatment (my dermatologist offered me a deal) two months later, in early February of 2013. I've waited till now to post so that I knew I was seeing the full effects of the treatments. Overall, I am very pleased that I did it. My skin stil has some scarring, but it is lighter and less noticeable. I also started using retin a (tretinoin gel) - though not right before or right after the procedure - and I think the retin a really helped my skin continue to produce collagen and soften the scars. I definitely recommend Retin a to be used in conjunction with this treatment (though again, not during, directly before or directly after). I also recommend PATIENCE. I wasn't satisfied until fairly recently, and this is more than 5 months after my initial laser treatment. So wait. Be kind to your skin. Stay hydrated, and wear quality sunscreen religiously. and hopefully your results will be as good as mine.

I think you are right on when you stress the importance of patience...or perhaps it just speaks to me since patience has never been a particularly strong point for me. ;)

I'm so glad your treatments have helped!! Are you planning to repeat them or are you feeling like the one series was enough?

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Expensive and car-salesman-like, but seemingly competent. I was satisfied with the treatment overall, so I consider him to be good.