18 Year Old, Black Woman, Mild Acne - New York, NY

I have been battling acne for 4 years and it has...

I have been battling acne for 4 years and it has been a nuisance in my life. It is everywhere--face, back, shoulders, chest and a little bit on my stomach too--it's gross. I have prescribed everything under the sun and I finally decided to ask for accutane and my doctor agreed.

I have been on accutane for a little over a month and I have seen a HUGE improvement. At first, it was working right away. It's purpose is to dry out every oil in your body--and my face was VERY oily. Then as the month went on the progress is starting to slow, but looking at my old photos my face is WAYYYYY clearer than before I went on it. The inflammation is going down on the pimples even though they are still there.

Side Affects: *I haven't really gotten any major side affects*
Extremely dry skin, lips, eyes, scalp
A little depression (disclaimer: I had a paper due, work, was very tired, across the country at college, etc.)
Nose bleeds (almost every night, but have stopped last week)

A Month and a half in

Some flair ups now and then--but the acne for your entire life is suppose to come out so it's understandable. A lot of the acne has been subdued and my face looks as good as it ever has since my acne started. The acne on my chest is still bad however and it hurts.

Side Affects: *Still haven't had any major side affects*
Nose bleeds has stopped (I read that lubricated them twice a day would stop them from bleeding and it worked)

**Also, I was off of the accutane for 2 weeks because I couldn't get my prescription so I think that set me back a little bit
Dr. Lamb

The iPledge system is very frustrating. Once there is clearance from the doctor, then you have to wait until the pharmacy has the medicine--but there is a 7 day waiting period--my pharmacy couldn't do it in that time. So I had to make a lot of calls which were very annoying because no one knew what the hold up was.