Looking Good So Far -New York, NY

I have been on accutane for 13 weeks now. I have a...

I have been on accutane for 13 weeks now. I have a out a month and a half left so I'm looking forward to the final results. I started getting acne when I was 12. I don't think I have ever gone a whole week straight without it. I am now 25 and its started to get worse now in the sense that the acne seems to be deeper rooted. That scares me and within the last year and a half I have began to see some light scaring. Between weeks 2-4 was just horrid times. I didn't want to leave the house because it was the worse it's ever been. Thankfully I was prepared and took a week off of work to save myself the embarrassment. Around week 9 I noticed a decrease in pore sizes. Week 10 was when I felt a little more control of my acne and now week 13 things look pretty good, only 3 pimples!

My side effects
1.My entire body feels sore! I feel tired and beaten up every minute of my day. Gets worse as time goes by and I suppose dosage goes up. Joint pains mostly all over my body.
2. Dry lips resemble a snake shedding its skin. I mean my lips were peeling off since day 2.
3. Con: Around week 9 I noticed my hair was falling out 2-3X more often. Pro: your hair can stay oil free for up to a week!

I get blood work done every 3 weeks or so and everything has been great apparently in that aspect.

Love reading your story! Keep us posted - please!!!

Glad to hear you made it through the "worse before better" stage. Were you able to relax and enjoy your time off work, or did you get cabin fever?