Have Finally Decided to Get Surgery! - New York, NY

Hey guys, So I am 28 and have been debating...

Hey guys,

So I am 28 and have been debating getting a nose job since freshman year in hs. I remember a few girls getting the procedure at the time and i feel like at that time it wasn't as accepted. I always secretly wished I could get one and went back and forth about it. Sometimes I would think no im fine what if the doctor completely ruins my nose and other times i would think I definitely want one.

So here's my issues with my nose...I have a hump and i also broke it when i was younger so its crooked as well. I have "a side" that i take all my pics and if my profile is ever caught in a photo i am totally embarrassed. I realized i do A LOT of things to hide the appearance of my nose. I wear heavy eye makeup and i have really thin hair so i always try to curl it and fluff it to make it look bigger to take away from the center of my face.

I have recently made a decidion that I am in fact going to go through with a rhinoplasty so I have set up some conultations. I have 3 coming up. I hate that price is an issue because when it comes to my face I only want the best, but I will be paying out of pocket so i don't think I can afford anybody over 9-10k.

All of your stories have helped me so much and I recently just told my mom and my sister that i really think I am going to get a nose job and my sister is very supportive and my mom is upset bc she doesnt want me to "look like everybody else" and have a boring nose and she thinks my nose gives me character and blah blah. Im glad she thinks im beautiful bc i know some parents who encourage their kids to get nose jobs but i really realized i want to do this for me. I feel like it will help my self esteem a great deal and ill be able to wear less makeup and not be self conscious about people taking random photos of me.

Here are a few of my concerns about surgery:
-Im scared it will change my face completely (kind of like the girl from dirty dancing where nobody recognized her)
-Im scared it will look like a nose job (theres lots of before and after pics i have seen where the nose looks plastic and the same as all the other "after" photos and i dont want that)
-I have a droopy tip which i would like to fix but i am extremely scared of having a bolbous or pig nose

I have 3 appointments coming up and one was supposedly a good doctor but he doesnt have digital imaging. Although i read that digital imaging is strictly a sales tool and doesnt have anything to do with how skilled the surgeon is...I think i am going to cancel his appointment bc I would like to be able to see what the doctor has in mind for me to make sure we are on the same page.

So that is my story...its really hard for me to even talk and post pictures because it is the single thing i am the most insecure about! Most of my closest friends have absolutely no idea how much i hate my nose and Ive never been able to talk about it.

All feedback and questions welcome!

First Consultation went really well!

Okay so I met with my first doctor today. Norman Godfrey in NYC. I was suprised to see there was no reviews about him on this website. I filled out paperwork and he took me right in, absolutely no waiting time so that was cool. He was super friendly and made me feel really comfortable. He was really chatty and would go into detail about certain things (some not that important or not even on topic) but i didnt mind it because i didnt feel rushed at all. He was feeling my nose and asked me what I didnt like. He answered any questions I had about the surgery. Then he took about 15-20 pictures of me in another room and I was a bit surprised when he said that Id have to come in again to see his pictures. I was looking forward to seeing what he had in mind for me right away so that was a bit disappointing, but he said he was going to "perform surgery" on my picture and its important to see if what i conveyed to him was the same nose that he sees me with.

He also said to feel free to bring in any pictures of noses I hate or noses I love so he gets a clear understanding of what i like and dont like...I really liked how much he was interested in really getting me the nose that I wanted and not what he thinks would look good on me. He never once said I think you should do this or that...

To be honest, I have a consultation set up for tomorrow with Dr. Joseph and I was sort of already thinking I would pick him because of his amazing reviews...but now I'm not so sure. I'm very interested in going back and speaking to him further....maybe he sets it up in 2 appointments because the digital imaging takes another half hour-1 hour to get to the point where you are really satisfied. I read some reviews on other sites where the girl said she came in a lot of times because he said she could keep coming back until she was 100% confident she wanted to go through with it and until she felt 100% about the image. I dont mind coming back also because the consultation fee was only 50$, as opposed to most doctors that were minimum 250 range.

All in all, I went in there not knowing what to expect...and basically thinking Ill just have someone to compare it to with my next consultation..But now im wondering if I want him to be my doctor. He was so educated about noses and was super nice, and also says he has no problems doing revisions and if any doctor said they hardly ever do them or dont do them at all to run!

So if anybody else is going for initial consultations Id highly recommend Dr. Norman Godfrey...id be interested in hearing other people's opinion!

2nd Consultation-NOT SO GREAT-PLEASE READ!!!!

Okay I really wanted to update this Friday after my consultation but I had a really busy weekend. So for any of you who havent been following my story I have finally decided to get a nose job, I have money saved, and a budget of 10k. Now its time to find a good doctor. I have already went on one consult and it went really well.

Friday i had my second initial consultation with Dr. Eric Joseph from West Orange. Now, I originally read about him on RealSelf...and I was shocked when EVERY SINGLE ONE of his reviews was positive. Everybody was so happy with their noses and saying what a nice guy he is and blah blah. Also, he was definitely the cheaper one out of all the doctors I have looked into...so that was a huge plus.

Ill start with the positives...

-He's double board certified which is very hard to find so he knows a lot about breathing issues as well as being able to fix your nose for cosmetic purposes.

-He has Youtube videos and seems extremely educated on noses specifically

-Nice office (this may seem silly but I def judge a doctor by the atmosphere in which he runs his business)

-Cheap...i mean not cheap cheap but he gave me a price of 6,900 plus like 2 k for anesthesia and facility (which is not his fee)

Okay here are the negatives...

-Everybody said how nice he was...and he was...very very nice. To me almost a bit fake and too animated...but this could just be a personal opinion.

-I explained to him what I didnt like about my nose and exactly what I would like to fix. I said I dont mind my nose from the front angle, I would just like to straighten out the bridge and make it symmetrical and get rid of the hump and make it straight. He told me he would prefer if he did a bit of a slop on my bridge instead of having it just straight because a slope is more feminine and "prettier". (He brought this up several times through out the consultation making me feel that he would basically put a slight slope in whether i liked it or not). This reminded me of getting a haircut...when you tell the girl how many inches you want off your hair or how you want your hair to look yet they still do it how THEY want because it'll be healthier or look better. I will hear out all professional opinions but at the end of the day if I tell you i want my nose to look a certain way since I am the one who has to live with it for the rest of my life...dont tell me that you would rather do it a different way. I want to find a doctor that wants to make me happy, not themselves.

-He told me i need to "hate my nose"...thats a quote. He specifically said his best patients are the ones who absolutely despise their noses and when they get out of surgery they are happy with whatever nose he gives them. I mean, he's a plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties so im sure his noses don't look horrible...and some probably come out amazing. But I dont HATE my nose....i hate certain things about it but technically speaking Ive lived with it for 28 years...I could probably live with it for the rest of my life. I just would like to make it more symmetrical and make it fit my face a bit more. So yeah, that kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

-Now, he did do the digital imaging for me and I actually really liked his after picture...like a lot. Like..so much that if I was sure he could make me look like that I would book him today. However, the way he was talking about the digital imagine did not make me feel confident that that specific image would be my end result. He kept saying "if you love the after image and you hate your nose then we can get your nose to look something very similar to that and you will be happy"

-Silicone injections....now one girl that I have been messaging with told me she met with him and has kept looking. I asked her (before meeting with him) what she didnt like about him and she said he wasn't bad but she didnt like the fact that he uses silicone injections. Now...i thought maybe she was just a different case where maybe she needed it or something...However Dr. Joseph apparently uses silicone injections into the nose very very often. He's very open about it and told me that's what "makes him stand out" from other doctors. He says if you don't love how your nose looks "maybe if the bump is still there or its too sloped, i'll just inject a little bit of silicone and it fixes the issues". Seems a bit weird to me, I'm sure other doctors know about silicone injections and are aware how they can be used. The fact that he is using them and other doctors are not just shows me that they are more confident in their work and they don't need to add any extras to have a good end result.

-Finally, I asked him about his policy on revisions. Before telling me that he does not charge for them (except facility fees, which is standard)...he went off on a tangent about how none of his patients ever want/need a revision and his revision percentage is less than 1%. Now, I'm sorry, I dont care how confident you are...this is plastic surgery...everybody has different problems/issues with their face and there is no way to make everybody happy. Even the best doctors have some negative reviews (PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND). All it did was ring a bell and remind me of a conversation I hate with Dr. Godfrey (my initial consultation)...I asked him about his policy on revisions and he told me he does them and blah blah and he said he remembers having a conversation with his professor about revisions and as a young student he said "Well as i get better I'm going to be doing less and less revisions" and his professor just said "You're young and stupid" now im paraphrasing but basically he said as you get better you become more and more of a perfectionist...sometimes you want to perform a revision even when the patient is happy with their nose. He said if any doctor ever tells me that they don't perform revisions because they don't have to to get my stuff and RUN.

So yeah, I tried to keep this review as honest as possible...and I hope this helps you in your journey to find a good surgeon. Once again, this is my personal opinion so if you've had an amazing consultation with him and feel great about your surgery then that is awesome and I am very happy for you.

I would love to hear feedack, your stories, or answer any questions!

Also any recommendations for great surgeons in NY/NJ area since I am still looking would be awesome!

Finally found a doctor and set my date!

Okay guys...I know I havent posted in a while Ive been really busy and a bit lazy to update...but I finally found a doctor. After much thought and review I have decided to go with Dr. Grigoryants in California!

I would have never thought after all my meticulous research and consulting I would decide to do my surgery across the country with a doctor I have never even met...but it feels right. I was todl about him throughs omeone on RS who I have been chatting with...she is also from the NY area and is also going to fly to Cali to get her rhinoplasty done with him. I absolutely LOVE his before/after pics. He has sooo many, which is a really good sign, and all of the noses are made to fit each individual face which i LOVE. I also had a consultation with him through e-mail and he responds rather quickly and answers all of your questions/concerns. My surgery date is Oct 16th so Ill be flying out on the 15th and having my real consultation with him on that day and then having my surgery the next day.

It's so crazy to me but I know it's right because I have absolutely zero reservations and I am just soo excited and ready to for my new nose. When I first booked it I was worried how soon it was and how real everything is...now I feel like its so far away and I don't want to wait a whole 2 months for my surgery! I also have talked to a few of his former patients and everyone has nothing but great things to say about him...I really feel like Im in good hands here.

I want to thank you all for being soo incredibly supportive and understanding (and patient!) bc I know I have reached out to a lot of you and had a million questions and everyone has been so helpful! This site is awesome and seeing all of you guys go through your surgeries and how happy you are afterwards makes me that much more eager to finally be going through with this!

1 WEEK POST OPP- NEED FEEDBACK

1 WEEK POST OPP- NEED FEEDBACK PLEASE

okay i know i havent updated in a while....but it has been exactly one week since I have gone under the knife so i will update everybody on my story.

I flew out to Cali from NJ and have been feeling really good and not nervous at all about surgery. I had my pre-op with Dr. G the day before my surgery. He wanted to give me a slight slop but i told him i really want a straight nose...he said he wanted to raise my nostrils a bit (for support) and at first i was against it but then he agreed to do it very minimally. I had brought in a bunch of pictures of noses i liked from the front and side and also another digitally morphed pic of me i had gotten from another doc that i really liked...he said he would use it.

Surgery went fine...i woke up before i knew it...was bruised and swollen right away but i was ready for that. The first few days sucked...i was really bruised and swollen and laying in bed all day just isnt fun. But i had barely any pain...only took pain killers right before i would go to bed just to help me sleep longer...but I could have easily went without them.

On day 5 I had my cast removal appt. I was definitely a bit nervous because everyone always says its a little bit of a shock since you are so used to a certain look when you see yourself in the mirror. The actual cast removal was a breeze...a bit uncomfortable but nothing even worth writing about.

The nurse warned me that my face might look kind of piggish and everybody complains about that but she swore up and down it would subside (also both nurses that work with Dr. G have gotten their noses done...not sure if it was with him but both of their noses look nice).

Anyways...i looked in the mirror and i loved my profile view immediately. It looked very natural and what i had always guess when I imagined a nose job all i really cared about were 2 things....i wanted my bump removed and I didnt want my face to look different from the front. So from the front my nose was extremely wide, a bit piggish, and i looked just like an avatar. I noticed a lot of people using that comparison online after surgery...but it is EXTREMELY accurate. Its almost scary. I was quiet for most of my post-op just listening to teh doc and nurses. Of course everyone said dont worry swelling will go down everything will drop...blah blah.

Heres my issue...it is now day 7. I get it...only day 7 after a huge invasive surgery in the middle of my face. I have been googling countless articles about feeling like an "avatar" after surgery and nose looking too piggish and i see a lot of complaints...but i dont really see too many people updating later and saying if it got better. What scares me is that when i run my fingers along side the top of my nose (where my main concern is) i just feel bone...how could a bone get smaller and thinner? Nobody told me that removing a bump would make my nose so wide....in fact every time i think of a nose job i think of someone having an overly thin bridge that looks "done"

Im just really upset because from the front i look like a totally different person...i havent cried yet because i think it hasnt fully hit me yet and im still holding on to hope that its still so early. Its just all the reviews i have read about people being upset about the same exact thing and nobody has updated their review and said "my bridge has gotten so much thinner and im so happy"....the only people who update is the ones who say they are still not happy with the outcome of their nose months/year later. Im starting to wonder if this was a huge mistake.....i don't even feel completely human right now i feel like a weird animal. My nose is too upturned and wide. I get it there is still A LOT of swelling...i just dont see how it could possibly change that much to a point where i will like it and be happy.

I am still in california...I leave this sunday. I only told my really close friends about my surgery...everyone told me that most people dont even notice when you have a rhinoplasty done so I figured there was no need to tell everybody i knew. Now im embarrassed to go back home and show people and go out with people who didnt know i had the procedure...out of nowhere im just going to look like a completely different person...its really upsetting.

I have also been looking through peoples rhinoplasty reviews and taking pictures of the frontal view and pasting them into the pain app and putting them side by side with pics after surgery, one week, one month and whenever they would update...and i dont see a huge difference in the change of width in the bridge...which has added to my anxiety.

Does anybody have any advice? words of encouragement? stories of their own? PLEASE

Face pic

Almost 2 weeks Post-Op-Review

Okay so today is my first day back to work....i felt a bit uneasy coming in. I still feel i look really awkward from the front. Its strange because I used to only like to talk to people when they could see my front view and I would try to never turn my head...and now I seem to only feel comfortable talking to people from an angle because I feel like my nose is so wide I look like a reptile. My bruising is pretty much gone but under my eyes and all around my nose is still sore to the touch and I still can't smile without looking really weird.

I also wanted to thank all of you for your supportive comments and messages I got after my last post. A few of you sent me updates from right after surgery to months after and I did see a big difference. I guess its just hard when you see yourself in the mirror and see a different face. Plus the area between my eyebrows (which is the part I am most concerned with lately) feels hard on the sides. It feels like its the bone...so thats why it makes me feel like it won't go down too much more since bone doesn't fluctuate in size.

Also...when I was cleaning out my nose one side hurt a little bit more than the other and when i felt inside I could feel a weird little bump inside my nose...felt like a soft bubble. I tried to google it but all I could come up with is that it might be scar tissue. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there anything I could do to help break it down? The only cure I read about was cortizone shots in the nose or a minor surgery...but they said you should wait till at least 10 months post op. I just really dont feel like having another surgery...but its not very comfortable inside my nose either.

Anyhow I e-mailed Dr. G this morning about my concerns regarding the bubble and the width of my nose. I'm sure he will just tell me its swelling and it will go down...but most people told me that the swelling between your eyebrows goes down the fastest and takes about 2 weeks. I haven't noticed it go down much at all and tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since my surgery....can't help to feel upset :(

Almost 3 weeks Post-OP! I have questions!

Hey guys...sooo im almost 3 weeks post op (wed will make 3 weeks exactly). Ive been feeling a little better about my nose. The swelling has gone down significantly and the tip has def dropped some because i dont feel piggish from the front anymore. However, i can't say im totally content with how i look from the front...i still think my nose it too wide all around and i wish it was thinner....but when i wear makeup i feel a lot better. I havent posted any makeup pics because i feel like my no makeup pics are the REAL nose haha so i want you guys to be able to get a more accurate idea of what my nose looks like. But next time i go out i will take a makeup shot just so you see the difference.

I do think it was a lot of swelling but i think i have to accept that my nose wont be as thin as i imagine it would be...but im starting to look a lot more like my old self from the front so im happier than i was. If the swelling between my eyes goes down even more ill def be pleased...but overall im feeling better.

A couple of things i wanted to mention....I still dont really have my sense of smell back....is that normal? I can smell very strong scents like food cooking or perfume but overall when i breathe my nose feels numb? not numb but kind of like when you spray the nasal spray up your nose....you can breathe in and out but your sense of smell really diminishes. How long did it take most of you guys to start smelling normally again?

Also...When i emailed my doctor last week i had mentioned to him i feel like a weird bubble inside my one nostril. I cant tell if i could pop it or not bc i cant realy reach it but its on the inside of one of my nostrils like on the wall in between both nostrils. Its soft to the touch but it hasnt gotten smaller. My doctor just said "you're still very swollen so you will have bubbles and all that" but maybe i didnt describe it well enough. All i could find by searching on the internet was stuff about scar tissue....so im wondering if that may be it? Anybody have any similar issues? Anything I can do to make it go down or do i just leave it alone?

Ive also included 2 pics i just took earlier today just so you guys can see...i look awful haha. I never post pics with no makeup.

NOT HAPPY TODAY

Ugh...i was just starting to feel okay about my nose until i realized how crooked it is. Im really upset. First of all....its really wide from the front....i KNOWWW its only 3 weeks post-op and blah blah but even the changes that ive seen in all of your pics arent THAT drastic...its tsill basically the same shape it just becomes a bit more refined over time.

But okay...with that aside...i used to have a "good" side and a "bad" side...and now ive realize because of the crookedness of my nose that my bad side has become my good side and vice versa. My nose is almost shaped like a C from the front...obviously not THAT crooked but if you look closely it is REALLY not straight....ESPECIALLY when i smile. Im really really upset about it and i may be needing revisional surgery....which i REALLY did not want. Like i said im NOT a perfectionist and in no way did i expect this surgery to come out perfect. Like my nostrils are crooked and one is bigger than the other but i dont even care....and i was almost going to just be okay with the width of my current nose but now that i realized how crooked it is im just soo upset. When i e-mailed the doctor last week he told me everything was swelling and to send him pics in 2 weeks. So im going to wait until then to send pics but it really sucks. I dont feel "sexy" when i take pics i feel like i look weird...and i know you guys are going to say you look great and blah blah but just LOOK CLOSELY at my nose...its like very obviously crooked...and wide...ugh has anybody experienced this??
Dr. Grigoryants

I wanted to thank you for writing all this for those of us in NY and hope your nose is better.
Is your nose still crooked? I'm 2 weeks post op and my nose is looking crooked as well.
Unfortunately depending on what you had done your nose will look like the "old nose" plus swelling for at least two months. What you'll find (ideally) is that there will be times of day the nose looks the "end result"--maybe after a shower, at night, etc. Tape gently, don't exacerbate the tissues, and with time, if you trust your surgeon, you will see improvement. The skin is redraping/contracting.
I am really eager to see some more updated photos of how your nose is looking from the front! Your nose is the only nose that I've seen on this site that looks almost identical to mine so I am really desperate to get an idea of what my nose might look like if I went through with the surgery!
Dr Godfrey's the man! Cali docs are overrated... I used Godfrey after a long search. Saw Miller in NYC & Godfrey, and knew by Godfrey's frankness, he was best for me. I'm really sorry to hear that you incurred such a hike to California, stay over expenses, and ultimately were let down by the work. I think you look lovely, but as you pointed out the crookedness, it became visible. Godfrey was unbelievably attentive, compassionate, careful, and entirely aimed to please. He was right about needing to do less revisions once he was more experienced. I'm glad I caught him before he retires!
Thats the hardest part about this whole thing. Because you just dont know whats going to happen ultimately. I was very upset about my nose as soon as i saw it and hoped things would improve but it was apparent from the get-go that it was uneven. My nose is c-shaped as well and waaaaaay worse then yours. Not sure if you read my experience but - it was and is horrific. I couldnt imagine having to get a revision but i will have to. Just hang in and stay strong. I know you arent happy with your nose now but your worry may all be for nothing. You may yet be one of the lucky ones. But i know what you are going through- hanging in limbo and super upset and stressed. But for what its worth i think you look really pretty.
although no one would notice that its crooked,, but after u said it N i looked accurately 2 the pics, i can c wht u r talking about,,, i know that u get bored from reading the term (swelling) ,, but this is the truth, the swelling of the tip give this effect,, this days u feel one side is crooked,, after a while this side will be good N the other side will look crooked, this will end wiz the ending of swelling,, i don't say it as a traditional replay that everyone repeat,, this is from my experience N from connecting wiz many girls had nose jobs b4 N went through wht u r suffering nw,, so just don't worry,, the good thing is that it willn't last so long, it will take like 3 or 4 months n every thing will be perfect,, only after revision, it take long time, even more than year to look good,, relax girl n be happy, u really look so pretty
your nose is still settling, and will look great soon. I would stay away from pics as they can make things look more distorted than they really are. You will look great! I am 4 weeks post op and went through a similar experience.
u look so good in ur new pics, i understand haw u feel the bridge is a little wider, but come on, u even didn't pass the 1st month.. its a surgery & u need time 2 heal,, 4 the smell.. after my surgery i couldn't breath N was snoring,, everything became better wiz time, but i can't remember wn the improvement happened, in which month,, it was a revision n this take more time for recovery,, 4 the thing inside ur nose,,u will feel strange stuff in the 1st 2 months don't worry, i dont know if this stuff r scar tissues or from swelling or wht,, but it will disappear, just begin to socializes n enjoy ur life, don't focus on it,,and u will be surperised haw everything will be better,,did the dr did something to ur side bones?,, wish u easy recovery
Looks awesome and fits your face!! I think we are always too hard on ourselves and need to stop picking ourselves apart.
I think you look great! I still had bruises at 3 weeks...hell I still have residual light bruises(in certain light) and I'm like 7wks! Don't stress about the swelling...it will slowly go away. It's a process so be patient. Your nose looks awesome!
First i want to say that your nose looks beautiful!! Also, I know you've heard this a million times, and i understand that its hard to REALLY understand until you've actually experienced it but you will be amazed at how your nose is going to change over the next several months. If i were you i wouldnt give up hope that your front view will thin out, because it surely will. I just looked back at an early pic of my nose and the entire thing was super wide. Its not that way now. I didnt get back a normal sense of smell until about 4 months or so. I am almost 8 months post and my nose is still numbish at the tip. I also have a weird bump inside my nose which i plan to ask several surgeons about. I dont communicate with my primary surgeon because i no longer trust him. Anyway, keep in mind three weeks is still sooooo early in your healing. Based on what it looks like now, i think your final results are going to be fab! Hang in there... Xoxo
Great profile!! :)
Please let us know how it goes over at work!
You are very swollen! It takes a long time before you really see the real results. I am 6 weeks out and I still am told I am swollen and the skin needs time to restrict and fit the new structure. Your skin is used to your old shape. It won't be perfect. Things still bother me and I have to realize I won't be perfect. I wish I had more of a curve/slope on my nose but hopefully in another month and a half, I will better see what I have.
Wow, you got your cast removed very soon after rhinoplasty. Mine was not removed until 10 days. I felt like an alien, and a pig.. I still had swelling in my face. Not as much as a lot of others, but I still did not look like myself at all. I am just starting to feel like myself again. Be patient, this is a process. You are going to look weird for a while. Your nose is going to swell up and down, appear uneven, then even again. The best thing you can do for yourself is hydrate, stay away from salt and alcohol, eat lots of greens, take your vitamins and sit back and relax for a while. Try focusing on something else. Do something different with your hair. I know it's difficult, but believe me, most of us had the initial freak out right after, you will be fine :) you're doing awesome so far. Hang in there! Oh, and the tip will drop. The swelling has a lot to do with looking piggish. Give it time you have all of us here backing you :D
ur nose look very good 4 the first week,, its so early 2 judge the results, for me after the cast removal i was looking like a Peggy & i was sure that this is final results cuz i thought that the bridge dont change wiz time,, but wiz time it changed a lot so don't worry,, did the dr told u b4 the surgery that he is gonna to narrow ur side bones or not? wish u can add more pre front pics so we can tell u the difference,, hope u the best
Hang in there! I think your nose looks great and it is only going to improve as swelling subsides. I too had a consultation with Dr. Joseph first and felt very similar about him. It did not go well to say the least. As soon as he suspected that I could possibly be a challenging patient (in that I didn't entirely agree with his game plan for my face) his demeanor completely changed and he had his receptionist close the appointment as he moved on to his next patient consult. I have decided to consult with Dr. G next because as with Dr. J, I really like his before/after photos. Have faith that his reviews are great for a reason. You still look like you! (at least from the photos you posted) Your review is an excellent resource for people! Thank you so much!
Hi there! First off, wow..... I am really impressed with your informative insights about your consults. You knew what you wanted and didn't want and went into this listening to your instincts and sticking to your guns. I admire that so much. You were armed with knowledge that many people do not acquire until they need their revision. You did not pick a surgeon until you really felt ready and you do not have any obvious "bad nose job" issues going on whatsoever. That should put you at ease a bit. I don't think you look like a different person at all! I mean, I don't know your face extremely well, but flipping through your photos, I did not need to do a double-take and did not think "whoa, that was unnecessary!" I think it looks great! You are so so so so so early out and you will get used to hearing that, lol. I really think you will be amazed at how much it changes. You have far more swelling than you think.
Hey thank you for your kid words..you made me feel a lot better. I just went to read your review and im surprised you can be so positive when you seemed to have such a bad experience...
Well I do try to remain happy for others even though I am dealing with my own disaster. My swelling came down a ridiculous amount.... I could not believe how swollen I truly was, because at one point the swelling reached a "normal" point, and I thought it was done.... but no, it shrank past that point to where it is now in fact too small and has collapsed. Not saying yours will collapse but you are surely swollen, and your nose will likely refine very beautifully! You do NOT want some tiny nose that has to be built back up, I promise.
For 7 days post op your nose looks good! Its even and straight. My nose was very wide for the first 4-5 months. Now its less wide - only my tip cartilidge is caved in on one side which totally sucks and i have to have it fixed - but that was apparent the day my cast came off. It is a scary feeling i know to look in the mirror and see a different person but trust me that will go away and you will look great! Hang in there!
i really appreciate that. Im trying so hard to be positive...its just ive read so many negative stories and now im really thinking i may be one of them. Most people seem to love their nose from the beginning so im just scared even if it changes...it wont change enough to make me happy.
Hey what I found helpful (because I had the same anxiety about swelling) was looking at video diaries on youtube. It was so much better seeing a 180 view of someone's nose throughout the course of their recovery. I do get anxious when I don't see updates by someone continue but the ones that did really helped out. Hope things get better!