Mommy Makeover - New York, NY

I had my surgery performed in March 2010. I had a...

I had my surgery performed in March 2010. I had a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and liposuction. Honestly, it was life changing for me - after the birth of my child I was extremely unhappy with my appearance, everything just went south. I am an active and fit individual but sadly not everything bounced back after childbirth.

The recovery is a bit tough - the breast aug really didn't bother me but the tummy tuck was tough!And honestly the hardest recovery was the lipo, my back was killing me for a long time from that. I was surprised at how painful that was - but not to scare anyone - a strong motrin did the trick. You definitely need to take 3 weeks off for this procedure. I'm a full time working mom so believe me I understand how difficult that can be - I went back after 2 weeks and I could barely get through the day.

I only had one complication - one of my tt stitches got rejected and became infected (my fault I went into my pool before it properly healed). The tt scar is pretty serious but now it has faded pretty nicely and looks good.

I now look in the mirror and (honestly) stare at the new me - I'm thrilled with the results - and (haha) so is my husband!

New York Plastic Surgeon

When I decided I wanted to do this makeover I did my research and met with several renowned doctors in NYC. Once I stepped into Dr. Colen's office I knew I had reached a decision. The staff was warm and responsive. Dr. Colen patiently explained all my options and graciously answered all my questions - and I had alot of them! The pre-surgical requirements were thoroughly explained to me and I was well prepared on the day of surgery. Everyone at the office was very attentive to me and made sure I was well taken care of before, during and after surgery. I know exactly where I am going for any further cosmetic needs and would highly recommend this practice! My before and after photos are on the colen MD website.

Thank you for sharing your success story here on RealSelf. It is a hard recovery, but so worth it to almost everyone. I'm glad you were able to get your body back!