Nervous but Need a TT Plus Lipo - New York, NY

Hi...I'm a 27 year old male who has went from 170...

Hi...I'm a 27 year old male who has went from 170 lbs to 265 lbs back down to now a pretty solid 190 lbs...I have been on a few consultations about the excess skin that I know only a TT would be able to take care of and am just so nervous about anesthesia...the prices definitely aren't helping either but I'd be ok with financing it as long as i live to tell about it...i really feel i deserve to reap the benefits of my hard work (i've worked out like crazy and ate healthy to get to where i am today) and i should do so while i'm young...it sounds crazy but i don't make much money right now cause i can't find work but it seems like now is the perfect time to do so because i am in a place i want to be weight wise and i would have the time to recover until i found a more steady job...i'm already in debt so i figure why not just get in a little more so at least i can enjoy my debt with a flat stomach hahaha...i've never been comfortable going to the beach or taking my shirt off in front of people (not even in relationships) and it's just annoying...I've been getting quotes for full TT's but I just recently inquired about getting a TT (and some lipo of my chest) WITHOUT getting my abs repaired on the inside...i've read that most guys don't need it and a doctor already said it would definitely bring down the price (i'm waiting on a quote from one office now)...I'm really looking to spend around $10k max for both surgeries combined...someone convince me i'm not gonna die from the anesthesia!!! thanks for listening...its kind of weird i've never written about this stuff before tonight

Hey how's it been, what dr did you use. Would love to see some b4 and after pics if possible. Jizfiya
skintothin, let us know how everything went when you can!
Wait I just read somewhere on here that they're nervous to lose sensitivity sexually because lipo takes away sensitivity? is this possible? oh man this can't be true
Unless they lipo your penis I dont see how that can happen. That made me laugh. That area gets all swelled for a while but then returns to normal.
LOL I am sure you will be just fine! You have to remember that when you have surgery in the stomach area, even lipo swelling occurs. When that happens everything travels south. You may lose sensitivity because of the swelling but I am sure things return to normal when the swelling goes down.
hi skintothin! i think you should post in the Oct tt forum! anyway, i totally understand how you feel. first, i would say that i read the death rate from this procedure is like less than 1%. have you had general anesthesia before? i was also very scared, i think we all are pretty much. i did a ton of research, looked at pre-op and post op pics, (1 mo, 3 mo, 1 year po), insured with probably 10 surgeons. checked they were double board certified, checked the anesthesiologist credentials, made sure that person would be sitting watching me the entire time, talked to the attending nurse and checked that the surgical center was accredited and where i would be taken in case anything happened. having all that i.fo made me feel much more comfortable. you will need someone with you for at least 3 days after. without muscle plication your recovery might be easier. lipo does make it a little tougher, but manageable. i don't know how tight they pull men, but I'm still hunched from how tight they pulled me. you need quite a few supplies; and stuff for recovery before hand. as for biker shorts, that might just be what the Guys use for their pre/post op pics. I've seen a lot of amazing results with male it's! let me know if you have more questions/concerns. happy to help!
thanks wildorchids! i appreciate all your input...i'm so nervous i'm supposed to have the surgery this thursday November 1...i hope that the anesthesiologist stays in the room the entire time and not the nurse...are you using special scar cream? ugh i'm so nervous why am i doing this???
You will be fine, the worst part is the waiting.
i'm not cleared for creams yet, but i'm planning on using scar massage and silicone.sheeting. i will be logging my results. i understand all the concerns you are having. i kept thinking i was also vain and i needed to stop being that way. but, i've felt the same way for so long and i finally decided i deserve to feel free of this. i deserve to be looking at the amazing abs i have, to not be embarrassed when even the doctor sees my stomach, to not worry my skin is showing through my shirt. i work out a TON. Prior to surgery I was doing cross Fit/bikhram yoga/5ks/kick boxing/pilates and more almost every day of the week for an hour/day. and that's how i looked still.
sorry, my phone is hard to use on this site. anyway, after all that work, i wanted to feel good in my own skin. nothing wring with that. sounds like you feel the same way. if you don't do it now you'll probably still wish you had. maybe you'll start gaining weight back, ect. Anyway, all of that is to say we all go through this. its so nice.to have this blog with other people who are going through it. please chat in the forums and feel free to reach out if you need anything!
I just looked at your pics, you results are amazing. Congratulations.
I'm all on schedule for 12pm Thursday...ugh I have like a bad feeling in my stomach (no pun intended?) I'm surprised it wasn't postponed as I live in NY and the hurricane has shut a lot of stuff down...ahhh what am i gonna do? i think i might need to puke and or run away to a far far land
:( i truly know how you feel! and i told no one i was doing.this. i knew though that i would never stop wanting this. you just need to relax and trust all will be ok now. i had the same bad feeling, but all was fine. as long as you know for sure this is what you want, you just have to trust you will do fine. you did the research on your ps i assume??
thanks malett! i saw you results and they look very natural! do men go through the same swelling women do even without the muscle repair?
Tks, I m very happy with my results so far. I also lots of swelling as well, gets real bad late in the day or after a workout. It depends a lot on the amount of physical activity. This can last up to a year according to the Dr.
yea, ugh. totally not a fan of the swelling.
You are more likely to die from heart disease, diabetes or other obesity related conditions than from anesthesia. In fact, you are more likely to keep your weight off after a TT. I never wrote stuff like this before and here I am.
Thanks MaleTT...I'm actually going to tell the doctor I'm gonna have the procedure done on November 1st...I'm super nervous and need to recover quick so I can back to work (it's only sitting at a desk so it shouldn't be too bad)...I'm so nervous now but very excited too...i'm actually not doing the ab repair so its just skin and fat (lipo) i'll be dealing with...i'm getting my chest lipo'd at the same time...i'll keep you updated thanks again!
I was super nervous too, i think everybody goes trhough the same process too. I went back to work two weeks after the surgery. Dont expect to be 100% though.
The doctor told me I go into surgery on a thursday and the drains come out the following tuesday...and then I can return to work (sitting at desk) wednesday. I guess thats if everything goes right which i really hope it does ha...i just keep thinking about getting put out and then them stretching my skin and lipo'ing it and stitching it it really freaks me out...i hope i'm making the right decision
One week after my surgery I was working but I was doing it from from work. I did go back to work physically two weeks later. The only thing I would have had an issue would be what cloth to wear to work. for the first two weeks i wore only sweat pants and shorts since the binder added a few inches to my waist and my regular cloth felt too tight and not confortable.