Worth Every Penny! - New York, NY

My issue has always been my midsection. I'm 35...

My issue has always been my midsection. I'm 35 years old, 5'1 and weigh about 108 pounds. Even at my lowest weight, which was about 98 pounds, my stomach looked disproportional to the rest of my frame. I dieted and exercised to the point of looking gaunt just to keep my stomach at a reasonable size. After I had my son I stopped dieting and just exercised regularly and maintained a healthy lifestyle. I gained a healthy 10 pounds but all of it seemed to settle around my midsection. It was depressing for me. When I would try on a pair of jeans they would always fit around my legs but I would have to get a bigger size to fit my stomach. It was very frustrating.

So after a year of contemplating liposuction and another year of researching plastic surgeons I finally resolved to having this procedure. I chose a qualified plastic surgeon in NYC and made an appointment with my physician for the necessary pre-op blood work. When I told my doctor that I was going to have liposuction she recommended Dr. E. While I had already decided on a plastic surgeon, I was curious to meet him and made an appointment for a consultation. Looking back now, I'm so glad that I did.

Even though it has only been two weeks I am thrilled with the results so far. I have to say that I can see significant improvement in the contour of my body. I actually have an hourglass figure! I keep showing off my body to my husband because it's unbelievable to me! I absolutely love my new shape. The best part is that I am actually looking forward to getting pregnant again because the thought of putting on more weight doesn't make me want to hibernate.

On a side note, one of the things that I most appreciate about Dr. E's technique is his placement of the incisions. Unlike all of the surgeons that I researched and with whom I consulted, he is the only one (that I know of) that places the incisions in these very inconspicuous areas. When I asked him why other surgeons don't do this he simply explained that it is easier for surgeons to place them at the more typical sites. Dr. E does not take any short cuts because "it's easier." He is a gifted plastic surgeon with an artistic eye who cares about all aspects of this craft because he cares more about his patients. I can't thank him and his staff enough!!!

New York Plastic Surgeon

The office environment was very intimate The receptionist was incredibly warm and respectful. The PA made me feel safe and comfortable from the beginning. When I met Dr. E, I liked him right away. I appreciated his honesty as he explained that liposuction is not a precise procedure. It was good for me to hear that I may have some "waviness" due to the limitations of skin elasticity (especially because my skin had already stretched so much from my first pregnancy) because it allowed me to set realistic expectations. I also enjoyed his sense of humor: When I told him that I wanted to have more kids in the future his response was: "we don't do that here." Dr. E was confident that I would have "fantastic results" and when he told me that the results would be "dramatic" I felt elated. I didn't even hesitate; I immediately scheduled the procedure (I felt bad about the other surgeon but I had to go with my gut on this one). The fact that he had me laughing so hard during my pre-op photos speaks to his ability to put you at ease and make you actually want to take your clothes off (ha!). When I heard another patient who came in after me say "I love him!" as I was scheduling my appointment I felt even more confident in my decision to switch doctors.

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks so much for writing a review, Bronx4847. This is so helpful for others considering lipo.