Great Experience but Some Advice - New York, NY

My experience was 100% positive. I did some...

My experience was 100% positive. I did some research and went to one of the top doctors in NYC. This one came highly recommended from my dermatologist who I have known for over 20 years. My hair stylist says mine is one of the most natural ones he saw. I wasn't very bald, just thinning a lot up front. My procedure used around 2100 grafts.

One word to anyone considering this procedure. Research and get references of the surgeon you are considering. My surgeon said about 25% of his work is redoing botched jobs. Just think; in order to do this job properly your surgeon almost needs to be an artist. He also has to know which way the hairs need to be placed (they need to go in certain angles) and he must have the eye to create a natural hairline.

Most likely, if you go to the most inexpensive clinic you can find your hair will look it. Remember, the saying "you get what you pay for" is generally true in our society. Especially when it comes to elective, cosmetic surgery.

Also, it takes about one year for the full results to show. So if your doctor tells you that you will see results in 2 or 3 months, don't walk but run out of that clinic because they are lying!

Good luck.

I would be worried to use a surgeon/hair specialist that is bald. Why wouldn't he buy into the same procedure he is selling if it was that good. And don't say he likes being bald. I'm a sceptic on this guy!
Hair transplantation is not a viable solution for someone as bald as he is. Until someone provides some major breakthroughs in gene therapy, it's currently impossible to create a full head of hair from practically nothing. If you don't still have at least 60% of a full head of healthy, thick hair that is not likely to fall out, there is no way you can hope to effectively cover your bald/thinning areas. Anyone who tells you otherwise is simply looking to take your money. If you've already lost half your hair, you're much better off just shaving your head and going with the bald look.
Excellent to hear your procedure went well, congrats! And I couldn't agree more with you about the importance of the "artistry" required to achieve natural looking results. I constantly read about people paying $3-$5 per graft and getting horrible results. That's because $3-$5 per graft is going to get you 2 things: 1) a STRIP procedure and a nasty scar, and 2) a surgeon who is NOT an artist and creates unnatural looking hair lines.

I paid $8 per graft for an FUE procedure with one of the nation's top hair surgeons, and my hairline looks absolutely amazing. You are quite right, you generally do get what you pay for when it comes to this type of cosmetic work.
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

This doctor is considered one of the best in NYC. His results speak for themselves. He has a very informative website and he has free open house once in a while.