Coolsculpting - Harrison, NY

A little background about me: I'm 22, exercise...

A little background about me: I'm 22, exercise almost every day (cardio and weights), and eat really healthy, aside from the occasional drink and treat here and there. All this being said, I'm what doctors would call a "good candidate" for this procedure.

I had my lower abdomen done today since I've had such a hard time getting the last "pack" of 6. I did my research but was not expecting what came with the treatment. I had the small applicator; They first put a cold gel on my stomach then put the applicator on. It immediately sucked the bottom part of my stomach up into it, which was a really weird feeling. It felt like I couldn't breathe, and I had to take small, shallow breaths until I could get used to it. The machine because freezing and very uncomfortable, then I began to feel extremely nauseous and broke out into a sweat. I can be squeamish at times when it comes to needles, etc., so I think the discomfort and thinking about it on top of that really got to me. For about 10 minutes all I wanted to do was rip the machine off because I really thought I was going to be sick. Luckily, after sipping water and taking deep breaths, I was able to control myself and began to feel better.

The rest of the time was fairly easy, it was uncomfortable but tolerable and I distracted myself with my iPad- then came the removal. It felt good to have the machine off and I was able to breathe normally again, but my stomach felt like it had been frostbitten and was very painful. The nausea and sweating came back, and I thought I was going to pass out for a few minutes. I didn't even look at the area that was treated because I was afraid I would freak out even more (and I was probably right)! The technician massaged the area, which I couldn't even feel. I had to continue laying down for about 10 minutes then finally stood up and walked around the room, and it gradually began to feel better. The nausea went away and I calmed down shortly after. The technician told me these effects don't happen too often, but when they do it's always on smaller people like myself who don't have a ton of body fat to begin with.

I chose this because I didn't want to have anything invasive done on my stomach (all I could think about was Tara Reid)! I know it takes about 2 months to see the results, so I'm hoping this treatment will be enough because I'm not sure I can handle a second. I also took 2 aspirin before the procedure which is always a good idea.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your story with us. Please keep us updated as your results progress.

Kirsty

It's only been about 2 weeks and I already notice...

It's only been about 2 weeks and I already notice a difference! The treatment did as promised and I do see a reduction in my lower belly- however, I know results don't "fully" appear until about 2 months after, so hopefully I have more to look forward to, although I am leaning towards getting one more treatment done to this area just to be sure. Although my experience was very unpleasant, it is bearable enough that I can do it again, especially with the results I am seeing. I'm also planning on getting this treatment on my inner and outer thighs. I can get a bit pricy but is a great alternative for those who do not want an invasive procedure done.
I live in Westchester county and was wondering if you could tell me who you went to? thanks!

Barely 2 weeks after my second treatment and I'm...

Barely 2 weeks after my second treatment and I'm already seeing results! My stomach is totally flat now aside from a very tiny "pooch" which I'm really hoping will disappear as the 2-month mark approaches. DEFINITELY worth it despite the unpleasant experience. Only downside to this is it's addicting! I'm going to get my inner and outer thighs (and hopefully knees) done as well as this is my ultimate trouble area, but I say it's much less risky than getting full-on lipo!

I also got my inner thighs done in May and it...

I also got my inner thighs done in May and it definitely worked! As I have previously stated, it's not a miracle treatment and each session removes only 20-25% of the fat, meaning you really need multiple treatments for optimal results. My inner thighs are definitely smaller but I am planning on one to two more sessions!

It was a technician that performed the procedure, but she overall did a good job. She was a bit flighty and didn't even give me post-care instructions, but luckily I had done enough research beforehand.