Considerate and Knowledgable with Excellent Technique

I had numerous broken and dilated capillaries on...

I had numerous broken and dilated capillaries on my face from an unknown cause - possibly just crummy genetics. They made me feel as if I always had to wear make-up. I sought treatment for them from various **other** doctors and had very poor results. One experience even left me with scarring from an improperly used laser.

I would say he achieved a 75% reduction in vessels and I experienced NO downtime or side effects. I will go back to him for more sessions if new vessels emerge.

Long Island Dermatologist

Dr. K treated me in a conservative manner, as per my request after he carefully explained all the options. I plan to see Dr. K for other procedures in the future, such as fillers. I estimate I saw him six times although I know the same results could be achieved faster if was willing to deal with bruising. I did not want any downtime and I was able to accomplish very good results - simply took a bit more time. Well worth it and my choice! He was never pushy and always honest in his assessment of my condition - he even reminded me that not everyone may see these imperfections as much as I do. Excellent doctor.

I'm new to this forum but I had a few questions as I'm scheduled to have VBeam to remove a few broken cappilaries on my chin in early June.

1. I'm interested in this technique of low settings with minimal side effects even if it takes a few treatments to get satisfactory results - what were the settings your doctor used?

2. I'm male - can anyone comment on what to expect with beard growth for the few weeks/months after treatment?

Thanks!

OGrey

Welcome to the V Beam community OGrey!

Click here to read V Beam reviews by other male community members. They may be able to fill you in on what to expect for beard growth.

You are also welcome to submit questions to the Q&A section. That is were board certified doctors who volunteer on RealSelf can share their opinions with you.

Hope you will write a review of your experience with V Beam so others can learn from your experience. :)

You'll achieve it!

Hi Ruby,

Welcome to the V-Beam community. Yay, that is fantastic that you were able to find something that worked, especially after the one that didn't. Sounds like you had a great doctor too. Please keep us updated, as you move forward.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

thanks for the update.. the biggest thing i'm worried about is walking around looking like i had cigarettes put out on my face! i will probably opt for multiple gentle treatments as you did. i hope your quality of life and self confidence has improved.. that's what i'm looking for :(
Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not have any pics. But, as I still have a very few vessels left, maybe I can document the treatment of those? They will probably be hard to see in a photo, though! He really got rid of the larger vessels. And the remaining ones I have to puff out my cheeks to see.

I went about...six times. I could have gone less, as I said, but I did not want any bruising. Basically, my face would be a bit pink when I left then subside fast. The next day I had some minor swelling in the sites he lasered but I went to school and work as it was not unsightly. Dr. K said most people do not even swell - I know I have sensitive skin, though.
that's great!! very glad it helped you. how many treatments have you had? got any pics? thanks for the information