Arnica for Lower Eyelid Surgery Swelling - New York

I had lower eyelid surgery 10 days ago. At first...

I had lower eyelid surgery 10 days ago. At first five days, everything is fine, no sewllon or bruising, I did follow doctor's instruction for recovery. But then when I woke up at the sixth day morning, there was a sewllon on right inside corner, the next it was become bigger. When I went back to doctor's office for follow up, he gave me Arnica Montana 30X.

Now it has been two days, the sewllon is still there and I can feel it' s not fluid, it's hard.

Is there anything I can do beside Arnica? Massage? How long will it last?

I recently read an article in an ophthalmology journal reporting on a small study of the value of Arnica in preventing bruising after blepharoplasty. It was found to have no value at all. Apparently, there are significant individual differences in how much people bruise. Unfortunately, I also bruise a lot. I don't know if there is a solution other than time (but I'm not counting on either oral or topical Arnica.)

Hi flying landbird -- Welcome to RealSelf. Swelling at this stage is normal and Arnica can help (so can bromelain, so stock up on pineapple if you can find it around this time of year).

Here's a related thread where you can meet others going through blepharoplasty recovery: How was your eyelid (blepharoplasty) surgery recovery?

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.