Miracle Drug That Saved my Face & Self Esteem - Upstate, NY

Accutane worked miracles on my skin. It would be a...

Accutane worked miracles on my skin. It would be a shame if this drug got a bad rap- I personally had NO suicidal thoughts, depression or any of the other negative things people talk about. On the contrary, I was happy and ecstatic to see my cystic acne fading away!! I actually welcomed the dry skin and lips, it was a refreshing change. I stand behind Accutane 100% and am so thankful this medication was available for me to use. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Hi Megan,
I completed the treatment about 5-6 years ago. The acne started coming back, slowly but surely, about 4 years later. Its not as bad however as it was.
I do take Spironolactone for this which has helped some, but definately not as effective as Accutane was.

Isn't it such a bummer when you start to see the acne come back?! I'm glad to hear the Spironolactone is helping you though. :)

I'm so glad to hear accutane cleared your skin problems for you and that you didn't experience any of the negative side effects. How long ago did you complete the treatment?