Tummy Tuck 18 months after Gastric Bypass

I've lost about 90 pounds in the last 18 months...

I've lost about 90 pounds in the last 18 months and can't wait to get this sagging skin off!
My plastic surgeon indicated the procedure will take 2.5 hours. He is just two years out of medical school and comes highly recommended. Because he's a "newby" the cost including the $600 anestgologist (sp) and $1437 hospital fees is $4600!!!

I'm told I won't need a special chair or bed. I will let you know about that.

I was given firming lotion and cream to have minimal scarring According to a price sheet he sells these creams for nearly $200

It is less than 4 hours til I report to the hospital. I want to go now and move forward.

I'm told the lipo is extremely painful. We are having Christmas here with our two grown children. I've already purchased the food and I've made and frozen enough food for two weeks ! My husband and children are happy for me. Ive told just 1 other person besides them and that is my trainer.

Oh my surgeon said if I get dog ears he can repair in the office at no charge - same with the drain tube if there is complications it, too can be fixed in his office.
That was good to know because of course,insurance doesn't cover a TT

I'm tired a lot. Sleep a lot. My hubby is a gem!...

I'm tired a lot. Sleep a lot. My hubby is a gem! I'm still on pain meds because I can't take anti inflam meds due to gastric bypass surgery

The gauze and tape caused issues. I found non- stick pads ( Curad) which seem to work

I itch and burn on my hips. Is that part of healing? What can I do to be more comfortable?

I wear the compressed garment and the nurse...

I wear the compressed garment and the nurse suggested I do spanks too. I have Target's version of Spanks called "Assets". I've been wearing 2 Assets along with the compressed garment. I just took everything off and am wearing a night shirt. I still itch a little but not nearly as bad.

I had my tummy tuck December 18, 2012 I had a...

I had my tummy tuck December 18, 2012
I had a followup on the 20 th and 24 th. I asked whether I could drive 90 minutes one way to meet my son for dinner - he said of course

Note: lesson learned. Seatbelts are not friendly to tummy tuck surgery. Take plenty of variety pillows to pad yourself! The passenger seatbelt got me and that portion of my incision took 5 weeks to heal

I wore the elastic bandage/girdle consistently. I even added another one so my entire torso was covered for maximum results

Note: I discovered wearing a cotton type of "Ace" bandage around the incision and then putting on the Velcro girdle made it more comfortable. A lot mor comfortable.

I went down 1 size in jeans and now wear some medium tops!!!! I lost 12 pounds from the surgery including the weeks following surgery.

I didn't notice discomfort from the liposuction. He used the laser son that may have helped.

I didn't need a special chair
I used numerous pillows to prop me upright and to cushion my hips. Pain pills were my friend. I slept a lot. I didn't drive for over 3 weeks. ( I am 56 and retired)

I love to look at my shadows in the sunlight. I love trying on clothes. I'm thrilled to have the hanging skin from my gastric bypass gone!
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Undecided on rating until I'm further along in recovery. So far so good. Dr. Heath Stacy is very up to date with procedures. Because he has only been in practice a few years, he will remove any extra scarring. He indicated there is no way to determine whether a patient will get "dog ears". He repairs them at no cost to patient.

congrats! I'm so glad to hear of your good recovery. From what I was told he's doing a TT a week approximately. To bad his prices are going up with his experience level. *womp womp* But you pay for the experience and then hopefully don't have to pay for revisions etc. later. Thanks for posting!!!

Welcome to the community.

I am thinking about you and hope you are doing well.