35 Year Old Mother of 3 - Novi, MI

I had 3 kids via C-Section and my youngest is 4!...

I had 3 kids via C-Section and my youngest is 4! Right after number 4 I knew I wanted my stomach done. It took me for years and 7 consults and I finally JUST did it. July 11 came and it took 3 hours to complete my mini tummy tuck with lipo and muscle repair. My. Dr did move my belly button and its not real pretty right now, hopefully in time it gets better. The recovery has not been bad, in comparison to my C-sections. Day 1-5 were pretty rough, no standing straight, sleepy, run down and emotional. After week one I started walking better, more energy but the frustration kicked in. I started to have some breakdowns I started to feel like why did I do this to myself, why did I spend the money to see no improvement. Today is week 3 of recovery!! I am happy to say I am walking fine, more energy and seeing results. My belly is flatter but not fully healed yet. I am looking forward to final product. I had 1 drain removed after 6 days, no work for 10 and just felt so blah. I would suggest doing it if you are on the fence. Just be ready for weeks of healing and give yourself 2 weeks at home at least. Also be ready for the emotional part. Its weird I was so excited and not at all ready to have regret or sadness, but I did. I was frustrated with the healing and amount of money I spent to feel like junk. At this point I am getting happier with the results and I feel better everyday. I spent more than I planned but I had it done it an actual hospital no a clinic. The results change everyday and keep getting better. Do your research, plan and prep yourself for relaxing healing. Worst pain I have right now is upper abs. It hurts to sneeze, cough, and laugh. If it wasn't for that healing still I would be 100%. The Dr. says that its totally normal and it will take time to heal. All in all its been a good experience and seems to line up with others experiences. Ill update at the 1 month mark.

4 weeks post op

I am 1 day from 4 weeks and i am feeling so much better. My skin is SO sensitive to the touch and to anything rubbing on it. I still wear the compression belt but am trying to take it off for a few hours at a time. Still sore in upper abs and numb all over belly. Worst this as of today is the ramdom almost bubble feeling i get in the muscles he repaired down center of abs. coughing still hurts and so does sneezing. Sounds like a lot of issues BUT i am actually much better than i was!!!

5 weeks post op

I am 5 weeks post mini tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo. I actually feel bigger now then i did last week. I asked the Dr and he said this was normal and part of healing. I am still sore but getting better. My swelling may be due me stop wearing my belt. I was just so sick of wearing it! HOWEVER i may go back to it now, since i am puffy. All in all healing is moving forward.

8 weeks

I'm at 8 weeks and I feel swollen. I can tell my belly is flatter but it feels like I'm thick like girth has not gone down in fact I feel thicker. Hopefully it will go down soon. Feel a little frustrated!
Michigan Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Vyas has been working in plastic surgery for over 30 years, very nice and professional. He was reachable 24/7 with questions and the staff was amazing to work with.

Congrats! I am sure ur final results will be great!
Congratulations!! I'm only. Two weeks PO .. Did you see a big difference bet week 2 and week 3. I am so swollen!! I hope it starts to go away.
Everyday started to feel and look better. I'm 4 weeks today and I feel I can really start to see difference. 2 to 3 weeks I was still pretty puffy but could start to see. I was very emotional around then out of frustration for "lack" of results. I feel like I'm turning the corner now!!! Good luck.
Welcome and thank you for sharing with the community.  Hang in there and soon everything will be back to normal.