22 Years Old Student. - Novi, MI

I'm looking to lose 150. I feel that I am young...

I'm looking to lose 150. I feel that I am young and committed and ready for surgery. I'm a little bit apprehensive because I'm scared of pain and doctors. Just looking for reccomedations about pre-operation so I am prepared and more relax. I also want to know what the pros and cons are so that I am well informed. I plan to do the operation sometime in the second week of april
Dr. Gary Katz

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

This is a big decision (I had the Gastric Sleeve) but for me it has definitely been worth it. Make sure you research everything: your doctor, the surgery, expected weight loss, post-op expectations, etc. Ask your doctor lots of questions and make sure you're completely comfortable with your decision.

We have some WLS Guides, which may be useful and it would also be a good idea to read through the other WLS Reviews.

Good luck and please do keep us updated with your progress!
Living nightmare for my daughter. Ten months out nothing but problems. Still not able to eat. Had numerous problems and spent most of the ten months in hospital!
why???
No answers! Severe nausea and vomiting from time of surgery on! Feeding tubes, pic lines many, many EGD's, leaks, abscess. It will be ten months she is still on pic line with TPN to supplement nutrition!