So Excited and Nervous at the Same Time - Novi, MI

Well, I have wanted to have a breast reduction for...

Well, I have wanted to have a breast reduction for the last 5-6 years but my constant back and shoulder pain has really pushed me to get help within the last year and a half. It has been a difficult and emotional road to get here. When i started my journey , I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon who I was referred to by my family practice dr and he was horrible and made me feel like crap. He declined to help unless i lost 25 pounds but i tried to explain to him how hard it has been to try to excersise when your boobs are in a 42 J bra. So , needless to say I decided to keep on searching for a dr who had just a little more compassion and understanding. I finally found her and she was Great , so I got really excited and started the process only to be denied by my insurance company (Cigna). According to them , my boobs were not big enough. Well tell that to my back and shoulder pain that keeps me up every night. Or the grooves in my shoulder that can be easily seen through my shirt or the numbness in my arms . I felt devasted and defeated once again. They wanted me to try physical therapy and stronger medication regime. Luckily during this time my husband got a new job and Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance to the rescue. Finally, an approval and a date that is almost 2.5 weeks out. FMLA paperwork completed and now im nervous. I know this is the best thing for me but im so concerned with The recovery process. Any Suggestions would be so appreciated.

Howell General Surgeon