I Just Don't Know Yet - Nova Scotia

I had my first botox treatment 2 days ago. im 33....

i had my first botox treatment 2 days ago. im 33. i really thought that i researched it well but now im not so sure.

i had my "elevens" done and also my outer upper eyebrows (derms idea). i ve always hated my creases in my forehead. so i finally decided to just do it. mine was so expensive because i have really strong facial muscles and i read a lot and squint way too much when i read.

the day i had it done was okay except that i am really scent sensitive and that stuff stinks, i swear i could taste it for hours. the next day i had a little headache, almost a tension headache, like i was clenching my jaws really hard. then last night i suddenly got really sick to my stomach followed by throwing up 6 times. that freaked me out cause i barely ever get sick.

today i seem okay. i dont know if this had anything to do with the headache relief but i scrunched my face up as hard as i could then relaxed it as much as i could(just once) after that the headache left. i felt like the botox paralized the muscle in the scrunched position and thats why i tried this method. well it worked..yay!!

for now. as for result, one of my lines disappeared already but the other one is so deep that it almost looks like a scar. however that one softened up a lot already too and that is exciting. i cant wait to see my result after 2 weeks. oh and my eyebrows seem to have a lift, i really like it. as for doing it again, not a chance, the sickness was enough for me so far and from what im reading on here, there could be more to come.

i pray nothing else will happen but ill keep yuz updated. oh and getting the actual needle, ive had more pain plucking my eyebrows. that being said, he used numbing cream first...hope this helps:)

Hi tinky,

I always see your comments in the TT community so it's nice to see you write a Botox review as well. The communities glad to have you. :) A number of other community members have had "flu like symptoms" after having Botox. In fact so many have we there is a forum post dedicated to it, you should check it out. Please keep us updated and I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.

Thanks so much for the review and enjoy this week!

-Britt

Just a quick update as promised....it has been...

Just a quick update as promised....it has been about six weeks since my botox, thankfully i did not get any drooping. I am disappointed that the deep line in my elevens is still there, although i cannot move the area. Derm said it was a really deep line and ill have to get more after 3 months and then it will eventually go away. Well im not getting more because of the original side effects. Guess ill have to live with the lines (cry!). I honestly dont think its worth the money. I guess i was expecting a miracle..lol..but it should have been close to that for the price. Oh and fyi...my skin is combo, sensitive and i have larger pores, i have some sun damage also....so its nasty. If your skin is different; then you might get a better result :)
dr van aardt

dr A is amazing. he has extensive experience in this field. he also gets botox himself and looks fab. his assistant robin is awesome too she gets botox as well and looks fab. they made the whole experience very comfortable and they're soooo nice.