Vaser Lipo with Dr Bassi At Selston Clinic for Upper & Lower Abs - Nottingham, GB

Hi, just to introduce myself a little, I am 34...

Hi, just to introduce myself a little, I am 34 years old, no kids, 5ft 7" and weigh just over 11 stone. I have been battling with my weight since I gave up smoking 3 and a half years ago. I train at the gym 3/4 times a week, run on the other days and also have a horse who keeps me fairly active - but no matter what I do I cannot shift my tummy. I have a muffin top over my jeans and I am finding it more and more difficult to get into my clothes!
I have been considering Vaser Lipo for almost a year and have done lots of research - one name kept popping up with consistently good reviews - Dr Bassi at the Selston Clinic.
I booked my consultation and went to see Dr Bassi last week, he instantly put my mind at rest and answered the questions I had, I had already one alot of research and Dr Bassi seemed pleased that I have done this before the consultation. He showed me some before and after pictures and realistically told me what results I could expect from the procedure. Dr Bassi will only perform vaser on two areas in one session, so I am having upper and lower abs done. He suggested I may want to look at having my back done in the future at a cost of £2500, but also that I may be able to lose some of my back fat from training in the gym.
I have decided to go ahead with the vaser and I am booked in for Wednesday 2nd September. This was the first available slot Dr Bassi had in 5 weeks, the next available one after that date was October 15th. I think this is because the Dr only performs one vaser in a day and he only works on set days each week.
I am waiting on speaking to Mags (Dr Bassi's asssitant) in the next few days who will be able to advise me on what preparation I need to do and what products I need to buy beforehand (massage machine, stay dry pads, garments etc)
I will post another update once I have more information on these items.
Very exciting, keep us posted on everything.  Is 11 stone roughly 155 pounds?  Does that sound right?
Here is a great resource list that might be helpful to you while you wait for your surgery day:

Good luck!
Hi Jill, thanks for the message. Yes 11 stone is approx 155 pounds. I have taken a look at the list - thanks alot - it will be very useful over the next couple of weeks!
Glad it helped!

edit Vaser Lipo with Dr Bassi At Selston Clinic for Upper & Lower Abs - Nottingham, NH

I've now had my information pack through from the clinic and it gives lots of clear information about what the procedure entails and pre and post op care required. I also emailed Mags at the clinic to confirm some other queries I had.
I have been and bought 8 packs of Boots Stay Dry Extra pads - these were £2.29 each.
I am in the process of ordering my garments, I have for one of each of the below:

http://www.esshop.co.uk/female-zippered-abdominal-girdle - this one is £62.40 and

http://www.esshop.co.uk/female-zippered-torso-brief - this one is £56.40

Mags confirmed that a garment with either a zip or a hook and eye fastening is best, preferably with an open crotch making it easier to go to the loo!
With regards to the utrasound massager I have purchased one via ebay and again on Mags recommendation, I have gone for a 3 mhz one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221497252544?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Lastly, I have also sorted out my initial MLD massages, Mags is going to do the first three for me during the first week of recovery while I am off work and I am still trying to locate someone local to me who I can have the massages with during weeks 2 & 3.
That is all for now, I will update nearer the time of the procedure with some before pictures.
Congrats on your ps in Sept. Best wishes and a speedy recovery. 1 month away!!!
Ahh thanks, it's 3 weeks tomorrow, I'm excited!
Yeah,exactly 3 weeks. :)

Well, its three days away from my procedure. I'm not frightened, but I am anxious about it all! I am going to start taking my arnica tablets tomorrow and my prescribed medication from Dr Bassi on Tuesday. I will post some before pictures over the next couple of days and will try to update my review on Wednesday or Thursday.
I just spoke to a guy who had this done and said it's NOT painful and like a massage. I hope It is easy breezy! :)

Well, today was D day! I am now at home - I went into the clinic today at 1pm and I was home by 6pm. When I got there I had lots of forms to fill in. The waiting room was nice, my husband took me and bought me home and the waiting room had a TV & DVD player which was ideal as it kept him entertained all afternoon!
I was given some Diazapan after having my blood pressure taken and being weighed. This took after half an hour to take effect and I felt a little hazy and unsteady on my feet. I was then taken to the treatment room and Dr Bassi and Mags put me at ease straight away.
Moving on to the treatment itself- anyone who said it doesn't hurt is lying!!! The treatment is in 3 stages - the first is when the anaesthetic is being administered - I found this incredibly painful - to the point where I was wimpering like a child! I gritted my teeth and gripped the side of the bed and got through it. The second stage was the fat being broken down - this was not painful at all, it is just a strange feeling, a little like being cheese grated from the inside! The third stage is the suction when the fat is removed - again this is not painful, just a strange unusual feeling.
After the procedure, I stood up to let the liquid drain from the incisions, Dr Bassi then helped me into my compression garment and a large adult nappy! I have two packs of Boots Stay Dry Pads under my compression garment to absorb the liquid and Mags confirmed the majority of the liquid should have leaked out within 24 hours.
Dr Bassi ended up doing medium to hi def in the end as he is a perfectionist and felt that this would give me the best results. I took a co-codamol painkiller as soon as I came out of the clinic and I have just taken another one 4 hours later.
I have been lying on my stomach for the last 3/4 hours in my lounge and to be honest I am now in quite a lot of pain when I move, I can't bend down and sitting down is also uncomfortable. I am not looking forward to trying to sleep tonight!
However, despite all of the above, when I looked down at my stomach after the procedure, there appeared to be a huge difference and it did look incredibly flat!
I have uploaded some before pics and a pic of the fat removed and when I take a shower tomorrow I will take some after pics and upload them.
Congrats and happy healing!

Well, its 1 day past. I slept for a few hours last night ans have spent most of today on the sofa lying on my front trying to encourage as much leakage as possible! I will be honest, I am in pain. My ribs feel incredibly bruised and my lower abdomen feels like I've very badly pulled all my muscles. I am taking Co-codamol so doing my best to manage the pain. I am going to remove all the stay dry padding in about an hour and have a quick shower and I will then take a photo and upload it.
Are you drinking pineapple juice or taking bromelain? Vit c helps with the bruising.
Hi Bella, No, not as yet, I'll have to go and get some and give it a try to see if it helps Thanks for your advice x
Yeah,try it even coconut water helps. You're Welcome. Good luck&Good Night! :)

Here are some pictures from last night after I had my first shower. I am going for my first MLD massage with Mags this morning so will post an update later on today.
Can't wait to hear how the massage went, thanks for all the updates so far!
Thanks Jill, I have just updated my review x
Awesome!  Those massages fascinate me- a bunch of fluid comes out?  To they "push" it out?

Had my first massage today with Mags, it hurt like hell! Dr Bassi was very pleased with the results so far, there was a lot of fluid which Mags massaged out. I have booked another one for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I also need to start using my ultrasound massager for 15 minutes every day at home.
Happy Healing!

Day 4 - feeling quite positive today. Had my first proper shower and washed my hair last night which was lovely. Over the last few days there has been quite a lot of things that have cropped up that I feel I need to document, so when others read these reviews they know what to expect!
From the beginning I thought I would be wearing my compression garment for at least 4 weeks, what I didn't realise is that there would be a square of foam 1 inch thick down the front of it! I have put my garment on several times pre-op to try to get used to it, but this wasn't really beneficial as I won't be wearing it alone without the foam. Also, I have two black elasticated belts on over the top of the garment, (a bit like the belts weight lifters wear) and these make me sweat constantly. They have also made my back ache so much I have had to take them off at night as I cannot sleep with the back pain.
The foam and belts makes life incredibly difficult - you cannot bend in it, getting in and out of a car is very problematic (as is driving) - I am very glad I booked 10 days off work after the procedure - I would not have liked to try to go back after 2/3 days (i.e today)
Another big issue for me is that I cannot get into any of my clothes with the foam, garment and belts on. I literally look like I am pregnant and the only items of clothing I can get into are jogging bottoms - so this means when I go back to work next week I am going to have to go out and buy some trousers/skirt in a bigger size just the sake of two weeks. I work in an office so wearing jogging bottoms is out of the question. Also, there were some people I did not want to know I was having a procedure done, but again, I have found this impossible to hide due to the current size of me with all the stuff on.
I don't want people to think I am moaning as such, these are all points that I did not know about beforehand and I think I would of found it useful to have known about them. I think a little more preparation would of been required.
Despite all of this, I am pleased I have had the procedure done and the pictures of just after the MLD massage are already starting to show the definition. I am having another MLD massage tomorrow with Mags so will post another update later this week.
Looking really good. Could you tell me what the ultrasound devise is that you use at home and where you purchased it from. I am in UK also. Thanks and good luck with your recovery.
Hi Eva Thanks for your kind comments. The ultrasound device I bought I got from ebay -the item number on ebay is 221497252544 and it seems to be doing the job. I showed it to Mags at the clinic before I bought it and she said this would be fine x
Your abs look nice and flat :)

I had my one week review today and another MLS massage with Mags. The review went well, Dr Bassi seemed pleased and I have uploaded some pictures that he took for me. The massage was still incredibly painful but I am hoping that Friday's one is not as bad. My stomach is turning yellow with the bruising so I am guessing that is only a good thing. I don't seem to have too much swelling and there is no more fluid leaking now so I think I'm well on the way to healing now!
I am also only taking painkillers before my massages, I don't need them at any other time. I drive again yesterday and once I was in the car it was much easier than before, but as I mentioned before, I am glad I booked a week and a half off work!
I will keep updating with pics over the next couple of weeks into my run up to my week 4 review.
Your pictures look amazing, although the bruising is slightly scary. Hopefully this had continued to ease. I am currently researching Vaser as I have a podgy tummy. I weigh around 9st 4lbs, have slim arms and legs but have a tummy from years ago when I weighed 12 and a half stone. Has your weight changed much as a result of the procedure and despite the bruising etc, would you still recommend this? I have also thought about liposuction but feel that Vaser offers a quicker recovery. Any info appreciated from a nervous 45 year old!!
Hi Polly Thanks for your kind words. The bruising wasn't actually that bad - the only really bad areas were the red areas on Day 1 photos - the blue-ish areas were where Dr Bassi had drawn on me with blue marker pen before the op and it took a couple of days for this to wear off. I don't think my weight has changed, its impossible to tell with the swelling and the fluid retention, I'm happy that my profile is now much better but I can't tell yet if I've dropped a dress size. Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down and then I will have a better idea. The recovery was extremely painful for the first 7 days - I have not experienced pain like it - when I had my MLD massages I literally screamed in pain through them. Its difficult for me to compare it to anything though, as I have never been through childbirth or broke a bone. I have found this procedure is not for the faint hearted!! After the initial 7 days it has eased off a lot, although things are still difficult. I have heard Liposuction is much worse than Vaser so if you are going to go for one I would probably suggest Vaser. Hope this helps - feel free to ask any further questions - I have also put some more pics up today showing how I look today on Day 14. Karen x
You look amazing. Happy healing.

Day 14 - 2 weeks in. Feels like forever since the procedure now, I am well and truly sick of wearing the compression garment - although when I take it off for showering etc it feels wrong without it!
I am now doing daily ultrasound and massages at home which my husband helps me with. The skin feels hard in places and loose in others, there are also numb patches that itch like mad - all of this is apparently normal according to the post care document I received.
I have also uploaded some more pics that were taken today - I am guessing there is still some swelling (or I am hoping!) to go down.
Your Abs Rock :0) You are coming along in no time.
Thanks Bella xx
YW! Happy Thursday!

Day 14

How are you doing?
Hi Bella I am very well thanks. 3 weeks in now, got my review meeting with Dr Bassi two weeks today, so that will be 5 weeks after the procedure. I am really hoping I can take the compression garment off as it is beginning to gripe me a little! There is still some swelling I think and I have some creases in my upper abdomen, I am working hard by ultrasounding and massaging everyday. I will post some pictures at the weekend x
Does your garment cause the creases? Are you getting lymphatic massages done as well? Thanks,i look forward to your pics :) Happy Thursday!

Day 23

Day 23 - I have now booked in for my next review with Dr Bassi - it is on the 9th October and I am hoping I will then be able to stop wearing the compression garment. I have uploaded some pictures I have taken today and tonight I also tried on some trousers that I couldn't get into pre op and I could easily fit into them and do them up! Really pleased with the overall result and I am getting much more feeling back in the skin as well as less tingling.
Hello, you look fantastic. I am booked in with Dr Bassi in a couple of weeks for my upper and lower stomach doing, I hope I get the same result as you! I notice you've used the same garment as I've been advised to purchase and I wondered if you ordered a size smaller? I was advised to go for a small but when I phoned to order I was talked into buying a medium after I'd given my measurements. I've tried it on over my underwear and a vest top, it fastened quite easy, was very comfortable and not 'tight' at all.
Hi, thanks for your kind comments. I measured myself before the op against the guide on their website and my waist measurement fitted into the 'Large' category so I ordered the large. It is not easy to get on and it is tight - even now after 5 weeks and that is with no underwear on - you wear everything over the garment. Have you already bought the stay dry pads? The reason I ask is because I have 4 packs unopened as I bought too many - I could post them to you if you could use them? I don't really want them to go to waste!
Wow, how kind are you! I haven't bought any yet so that would be great and really helpful. Think I may have to change my garment as I don't feel there would be enough compression which obviously defeats the object. I also was under the impression I would only need foam for a short while, maybe a few days, then just wear the garment. Don't know how I will fit my work clothes on! I haven't been advised to buy my own ultrasound thingy yet, did you purchase one and if so where from? I really could do with ordering it before my procedure. Sorry for the massive reply but I'm really anxious and starting to panic a bit.

Review with Dr Bassi

Its now been 5 and a half weeks since my procedure. I went for my review meeting with Dr Bassi on Wednesday. He was very pleased with the results and took some photos and said he would be putting the before and after pics on the website. He also said he wouldn't need to see me again unless I had any queries.
Overall - I do believe the procedure is probably the easiest part of this whole process. The aftercare really is the key to getting good results and this is entirely down to the individual. The last 5 weeks have been an experience and I am very pleased with the results.
Anyone who is considering having this procedure must be aware that the compression garment and foam will probably need to be worn for anything up to 3 months and that any normal exercise (gym, horse riding etc) will be compromised during this time period. This procedure is not a 'quick' solution. I am going to wear my garment and foam for at least 12 hours a day for the next 8 weeks - this time period could be different for each person as the aftercare is tailored to each individual.
I don't mean for the above information to sound negative, I would just like people to be aware of what its really like! I have no regrets about doing it and being able to get back into clothes I haven't worn for years is simply priceless!
good not god lol
Glad all is god. and you are happy with your results. Happy Sunday!
Dr. Shashi R Bassi