Not So Sure About Fotofacial

I had a fotofacial done by a medical doctor on...

I had a fotofacial done by a medical doctor on Thursday. Today is Saturday and my face looks horrible right now. I have a medium complexion. Most reviews about IPL's tell you there is no down time and most can return to work. That is not true in all cases. I have reddish/brown spots and scabs all over my face and my chin is burned. Hopefully all this will slough off as I have been reading in 5-10 days and will not cause hyperpigmentation or darker spots. I have a micordermabrasion scheduled in 2 weeks. I have been treating my face with lots of expensive sunscreen moisturizers and putting zinc oxide, Vitamin E and avocado oil on my chin. Hope this information has helped.

I think my provider knows what she's doing and has a lot of experience, but every skin type/reaction is different. It should be discussed and explained to each patient.

I had a photofacial 7 days ago and it took every minute of those days to heal. treatment in chicago was $500. i do have white track marks where i was burned on my forehead, the skin is completely healed but is white! the dr office did a 90 second special light on it today. im sure in a year it wont be noticeable! but would never do another one!
I had a photo facial done a week ago and looked horrible. My skin in looking better now but I have ugly square patterns and darker pigmnation on the sides of my face. Well this fade? Wishing I never did it now.
however, after thinking, if you are BURNED and scabby you may do better to NOT exfoliate til you are healed.
skin is fine after 2 weeks to do microderm. no worry. and i have exfoliated lots since as well. it good for the results i heard and mine is doing better because of it.
true there is downtime - but note the wording that they use to advertise. "most can return to their daily routines immediately" this means that you may be swollen and ugly, but you can still drop the kids off, do the dishes, put the laudry away, etc. that's my conclusion
Interesting, because my tech told me no exfoliating creams or machines during the treatment period, which should extend over the next three months. I would ask your physician or technician before proceeding with your micro-dermabrasion, just to be on the safe side!