Breast Reconstruction - New South Wales

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago...

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago which involved having my right breast removed.During the operation I opted to have my breast reconstructed. Due to complications beyond anyones control (which involved radiation) my implant was removed 5 months later. After this happened I decided to take some time out and did some research into what options could be done for me .I knew of Dr Ho and the good work he has done on breast reconstruction, so I made an appointment. At my first visit he discussed at great length the procedure,detailing the pros and cons. He then told me to go away and decide whether I wanted to go ahead. Another appointment was made to go through the finer details of the operation. I have since had the operation and I am so very happy with the work Dr Ho has done.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I would highly recommend Dr Ho. As detailed above, Dr Ho was able to present the facts to me and let me ultimately make the decision that was right for me. He did not pressure me in anyway or try and persuade me to go ahead with the surgery. Once the surgery was complete, Dr Ho came to see me nine out of the ten days I was in hospital, to see how I was and ask me if I had any concerns. This to me went above and beyond any other surgeon I have come across. This has continued right through my recovey - I have since had two follow up appointments with Dr Ho which have been at no charge. It is often easy to forget the impact Breat Cancer can have on partners and families. Dr Ho was very empathetic with my Husband. He called my Husband right after my operation, despite the time being after 11pm at night, to let him know how the procedure went, and to reassure him that everything was okay. Lastly, his staff were helpful in getting my booking made, conversing with me in relation to the price of the procedure and with getting back to me on any other ad hoc question that arose.

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal story on RealSelf. So sorry you had to not only deal with conquering the cancer, but with a failed implant. That must have been extremely challenging in many ways. I am happy to hear you were finally able to get good results. What type of implant did you get? Did you need to have any work done on your other breast? Did you have anyone staying with you at the hospital? Hope you are feeling well and back to your daily routine. Congratulations and wishing you the best!