Blepharoplasty and Asymmetric Ptosis Repair Bilaterally - Baulkham Hills, AU

With aging, the tendon of my left eyelid had...

With aging, the tendon of my left eyelid had stretched, resulting in my eyelid resting near the pupil when I was very tired. This condition (referred to as Ptosis) had the potential of affecting my vision and had resulted in facial asymmetry of a surprised expression with my elevated left brow trying to lift the eyelid.
Dr Somia came highly recommended by another plastic surgeon whom I trust and respect. I am ever so thankful for his skill and expertise in this area (he has a PhD in eyelid surgery gained in the US)
Though a reconstructive problem, he maintained cosmetic/aesthetic emphasis. Being a bilateral repair, both eyelids were lifted and his attention to detail included correction to my eyebrows to improve the symmetry of my face. The pain was minimal, the swelling manageable and after 2 weeks I was comfortable being in public. The result has been fantastic, the problem corrected and the bonus of looking a few years younger..though this was not an objective in the beginning. It’s a wonder to me daily to view this in my mirror.
In consultation, Dr Somia’s professionalism was exemplary - his explanations, diagrams and answering of questions were delivered with ease, understanding and patience. His quiet spoken friendliness and interest in me as his patient gave me complete faith in his working on my eyes and face.
In arranging appointments and surgery, the office staff were at all times pleasant, accommodating and caring.
At Norwest Private, the anaesthetist (excellent) and theatre staff were relaxed and friendly and their calm competence was so reassuring.
My post operative care included relaxed and caring visits to Dr Somia at 2 weeks, 3 and 6 months
This overall atmosphere of care, calm and competence is a great allayer of fears and aids ones healing
Thank you Dr Somia for this great result that has boosted my self esteem, for your great aesthetic eye and magic fingers. I highly recommend you for any work in your area of expertise. You are a wonderful human being

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing I am in my late 50's and am scheduled for an upper blepharoplasty next Wednesday. I have one eye which has drooped ( is that a word?) down so that I can't even wear mascara, and the lid is pushing on my eye lashes. He did mention tacking my one eye, will ask at my post op this Friday. I was wondering about the eye brows again thanks for the post.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon