12 Days Post-op, Hump on the Letft Side of the Nose, is This Swelling or Bone? - Norway, NO

Surgery went well.. I had an closed surgery, where...

Surgery went well.. I had an closed surgery, where I have remowed humps on the sides of the nose bridge, but on the left side there is a hump, simular to the old hump, but it is only a little bit smaller, but the hump is still there.. That was the only purpose of the surgery, and now I feel like I have throwed money out my window.. I dont want to have another surgery, because it takes so much time to heal.. The nose will be a two year project If I need another surgery to fix it..

My surgery did not show me the nose after cast removal, but I remember he squeesed a little bit on that area, before he taped the nose.. So I was not able to ask him about the hump when I was there, and he did not mention it to me either.. He just told me to tape the nose at night.. I saw the hump when I got home after cast removal, and it took all my happiness away.. It is the same hump but smaller.. I hope it is only swelling, but I think it is bone... On the right side everything is ok, but on the left side there is a lot of preassure and very tender.. I litterally feel the bump on nose without touching it..but it is a lot of preassure where the hump is, the other side is a bit tender but no preassure.. I Am very unhappy with the surgery at this point :(

Family have had surgery here..

Sorry this is worrying you so much! It's really early days and this could easily be swelling. Here's what doctors said to another RealSelf member concerned about a post- surgery hump.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Some pictures would probably help! :) I had a hump removed as well and I still have a small hump. My surgeon broke my nose to reshape it. I was told the bump is from the bone growing together and resetting. Yesterday he gave me a shot in the bump with steroid and it started to go down. The bump looks much better today. You really need to speak with your surgeon tho.
Hi I would not worry about it so early. It could be that The skin covering your old hump has a memory- a lot of the time when a hump is removed it can take a wee bit of time to reblanket and this is why he is getting you to tape you nose I would say. so make sure you tape it :)I'm sure the surgeon wouldn't have finished your surgery with a hump on the side. There could be a lot of swelling under the bump causing it to be there, a lot of the time a surgeon will do more work on one side or part. I wouldn't worry too much till you talk to your surgeon :)