12 Days Post-op, Hump on the Letft Side of the Nose, is This Swelling or Bone? - Norway, NO

Surgery went well.. I had an closed surgery, where...

Surgery went well.. I had an closed surgery, where I have remowed humps on the sides of the nose bridge, but on the left side there is a hump, simular to the old hump, but it is only a little bit smaller, but the hump is still there.. That was the only purpose of the surgery, and now I feel like I have throwed money out my window.. I dont want to have another surgery, because it takes so much time to heal.. The nose will be a two year project If I need another surgery to fix it..

My surgery did not show me the nose after cast removal, but I remember he squeesed a little bit on that area, before he taped the nose.. So I was not able to ask him about the hump when I was there, and he did not mention it to me either.. He just told me to tape the nose at night.. I saw the hump when I got home after cast removal, and it took all my happiness away.. It is the same hump but smaller.. I hope it is only swelling, but I think it is bone... On the right side everything is ok, but on the left side there is a lot of preassure and very tender.. I litterally feel the bump on nose without touching it..but it is a lot of preassure where the hump is, the other side is a bit tender but no preassure.. I Am very unhappy with the surgery at this point :(

Sorry this is worrying you so much! It's really early days and this could easily be swelling. Here's what doctors said to another RealSelf member concerned about a post- surgery hump.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Some pictures would probably help! :) I had a hump removed as well and I still have a small hump. My surgeon broke my nose to reshape it. I was told the bump is from the bone growing together and resetting. Yesterday he gave me a shot in the bump with steroid and it started to go down. The bump looks much better today. You really need to speak with your surgeon tho.
Hi I would not worry about it so early. It could be that The skin covering your old hump has a memory- a lot of the time when a hump is removed it can take a wee bit of time to reblanket and this is why he is getting you to tape you nose I would say. so make sure you tape it :)I'm sure the surgeon wouldn't have finished your surgery with a hump on the side. There could be a lot of swelling under the bump causing it to be there, a lot of the time a surgeon will do more work on one side or part. I wouldn't worry too much till you talk to your surgeon :)

Family have had surgery here..